real leather seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcar

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to have the seat on my 1700 covered with real leather like on my 1200 at the time. Has anyone had this done on their seat? Since all paneling parts are made of Carcon - matt, I had the idea of making something for the seat that fits. There is so-called carbon leather. However, I don't know if it's real leather. I don't want to do everything with it either, at most the center strip of the driver's seat and maybe the foldable center section with Carcon leather. The rest should be in black thick real leather. Photos would be nice!

Leather doesn't last too well in the rain or direct heavy sun. I'm sure you already know that. I have no experience but synthetic materials under my ass on a motorcycle. I always ride in jeans.

Last edited:
Leather pants on leather seat okay.
Textile pants on leather seat, prepare to slide. At least that has been my experience with the Corbin leather seat on
Gen 2 bike. Sporty Haft spray will alleviate that problem, but at $28 a can.

Corbin - What is Carbon Leather?

I had some heavy suede leather hide and paid a buddy to cover my cracked vinyl Wide Glide seat with it back in 1985. Very comfortable, no more sweaty backside, no sliding in the saddle, did not have to wipe it off between night stops at the bars. But you cannot leave it out in the rain.. I carried an elastic seat cover in my saddlebag.

Leather pants on leather seat okay.
Textile pants on leather seat, prepare to slide. At least that has been my experience with the Corbin leather seat on
Gen 2 bike. Sporty Haft spray will alleviate that problem, but at $28 a can.
Luckily I only have leather clothes, summer and winter.

Carbon Leder.....

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-18 um 15.51.09.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-18 um 15.51.09.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 0
We can do it but real leather doesn't have very good flexibility and durability in an environment like the bike has to run through.

Latest posts

Back