Real Metal Turn Downs on My Mark's 4-2 This Time

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
One had a good laugh at my experimenting with PVC Turn Downs among other things a few weeks back. A good number of you came to my rescue. It was an experiment and was never intended to be permanent. The Wild Ass'd Skull, Top Cover however will eventually become a reality, As It Is...:rofl_200:

I've been working with real metal turn downs this time. I had a machinist friend make an adapter to go at the end of the Mark's Cans. It goes from the 2" outlet to a 2-1/2" automotive turn down in one step. I didn't want to restrict the flow with another bend by not going to a larger diameter. They aren't totally finished but here's what they look like to this point.

Attachments

• Turn Down 1.jpg
    Turn Down 1.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 115
  • Turn Down 2.jpg
    Turn Down 2.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Turn Down 3.jpg
    Turn Down 3.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 83
Look SUPER great!
D.I.Y. mods are the most satisifying- Agreed?
If the cans ever get scratched or scuffed up - think about high heat, matt or low-gloss black paint. That would tie in well with the seat and engine colours, and really bring out the chrome of the turn-downs.
Cheers!

Good work so far but nothing I like the looks of. Turns them into great leaf blowers though!

nice paint job on the bike. the sound has got to bounce off the pavement like turn downs on a car nice

I love fabrication . don't always like the results . Definately can see the car-like outlet . Were the Marks too loud ? :ummm:

Thanks for the feed back and compliments. We normally have about 150 black trash bags of Oak Leaves a year in our yard. Maybe I can blow them into
1 pile now and save a lot of work. :rofl_200:

I gave my machinist an AR-22 conversion and some new mags for the adapters and some other work he's done. My cost on that was $00.00. Actual out of
pocket expenses were about $30.00. My Wife thinks they look Awesome and really appreciates less spent gasses reaching her helmet at stops and traffic lights.

As far as loud, they were too quiet to start with. Going with the extra 1/2 inch diameter at the turn down redirected the sound but really didn't make them quieter
to someone listening from off the bike. On the bike, they sound even more mellow than they did originally.. Like nice glass packs on a V-8...:biglaugh:

Back