Rear axle clamp bolt.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakRatFink

Reaction score
I got my new Bridgestones mounted and was torquing everything down. I misread the chart I was looking at and accidentally overtorqued the axle clamp bolt to the value for the caliper bolt and sheared it off :bang head:
Fortunately, I was able to retrieve the part of the shank that was stuck in the clamp.
Now my question is, Is this a pretty generic metric bolt I might be able to find at a local hardware store or Fastenal, or would be me better off ordering the OEM Yamaha for $2.53.
I feel silly paying shipping for one single bolt. Just wondering if anyone knows offhand.

Hey Kyle, THANK YOU! It might be a few days before I can get to Fastnal or somewhere in town. The town just south of the base I live on is flodding as we speak :(. In fact I am officially using being fatigued from spending all day helping move appliances and helping folks evacuate as my excuse for doing something so boneheaded as shearing a bolt in half.
I will PM you if I can't find a bolt anywhere else.
I love this forum, everyone is so helpful.

Hey Kyle, THANK YOU! It might be a few days before I can get to Fastnal or somewhere in town. The town just south of the base I live on is flodding as we speak :(. In fact I am officially using being fatigued from spending all day helping move appliances and helping folks evacuate as my excuse for doing something so boneheaded as shearing a bolt in half.
I will PM you if I can't find a bolt anywhere else.
I love this forum, everyone is so helpful.
I did the same thing when less tired, you should even be able to find them at ace or hd or lowes or something...

I did the same thing but wasn't over-torqueing the bolt, in fact it broke before I had reached recommended torque. Don't beat yourself up too badly, seems like they can just fatigue out sometimes.

I just want to give thanks and props to Kyle. The bolt he sent me arrived yesterday. The stop gap temp fix on I used until it arrived was not nearly long enough. Thank you for your kindness again and helping keep another rider on the road.

Latest posts

Back