Rear Brake not working. ABS not working?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, I am happy to report that my problem with the rear brakes is now fixed. It turns out that the ABS unit went bad. I had two options. Buy a new one for over a thousand dollars with only a one year warranty or find a company that would rebuild my current unit. I found a company in France that does just that. They rebuild ABS units for almost any car and motorcycle. This was the first Vmax thay had done and also the first time they have had a customer from the United States. I have to say the unit is working perfectly. The best part was the repair was half of what a new one was even with the shipping from Florida to France. They also offer a lifetime warranty on their repairs. I could not find any companies in the US that would even touch the unit. The name of the company I used was Diag-Engine in Bosrobert, France. My contact there was Virgil and I will include a link below to go directly to their website and to the exact listing for the Vmax. I just also wanted to let you all know that when the ABS Unit goes bad it is the rear brakes that go first. This is what I read in many of the posts I researched. Well here is the link. https://diag-engine.com/abs-pump-motorcycle/yamaha/2467-fjr-1300.html Hope this helps with anyone else who is dealing with what I just went through. Happy riding, Steve

Latest posts

Back