Rear brake pedal loose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole bracket with peg and misc seems to be too close. Might have been dropped before and bent the flange it all mounts to. Remove the two bolts that hold it to the frame and feel that mounting surface. It should be perfectly flat. Then put the bolts in and see if they are at a 90 degree angle from that same surface.

Seems the bike was dropped before. I replaced the crankcase cover that had a bad scuff from the brake pedal (picture attached). Surface does look like to be damaged the pedal is way too close to the crankcase cover and hen placing the screws back the left one is not going in smooth.

I guess I will have to replace something?

Last edited:
I would just bolt the pedal back on, have someone hold the bike so it won't fall over, and kick the peg to get the desired clearance (about 1/2")

Got it, I stand on the peg and now is starting to separate :) Cool! I hope don't break the darn thing LOL

I replaced the bolt for the pedal and kicked the peg till got back to the original position. Everything is now well adjusted!

Thanks for your insights Sean!

Last edited:
I like heat rather than cold-setting parts clearance, when possible. I have cold-set dirt bike handlebars many times on the trail, though.

Hi Marcelo, how are ya doin'?

I like heat rather than cold-setting parts clearance, when possible. I have cold-set dirt bike handlebars many times on the trail, though.

Hi Marcelo, how are ya doin'?

Doing great! Ready to start the Super Bowl party! How are you? Go Seahawks!

Now throw a crescent wrench on the end and bend it back flat.

Did you make it to the Dania Beach AMCA meet by Dania Jai-Alai yesterday? Biggest, best meet yet. I tried to upload some of the dozens of pics I took, but the (*^^%&$! internet was running super-slow, and I gave-up.

The big game is going down to the wire it seems.

Doing great! Ready to start the Super Bowl party! How are you? Go Seahawks!

Latest posts

Back