Rear brake rotor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldgsxr

Reaction score
Any suggestions where to buy VMax parts? I need rear rotor and brake pads. Thanks

Where are you? Not in the USA could mean $$$ shipping from a USA source. If you add your location under your screen name that helps. Ron Ayres Yamaha is where I usually buy my VMax OEM parts.

I am also in kansas and likely stock more Vmax parts then anyone else in the US. Email me at [email protected]
What is the issue on the rear rotor by chance?

That says to me, your caliper needs attention. Apparently, one side is not allowing the piston to move similarly to the opposite side. The 'sticky' side is causing more rotor wear.

Two things to check, disassemble the caliper, both sides, and install new O-rings/seals after cleaning up any corrosion in the piston bores, and on the pistons themselves, and then I suggest replacing the brake hose, ensuring the passages in the caliper are clear. The rear doesn't brake as-much as the front twin calipers/rotors do, but if you don't use the rear brake, your stopping distances will be longer. The VMax's longer wheelbase compared to a sportbike's shorter wheelbase means the rear brake can work to stop the bike while the sportbike is doing a 'stoppie,' w/the rear wheel off the pavement.

Where are you? Not in the USA could mean $$$ shipping from a USA source. If you add your location under your screen name that helps. Ron Ayres Yamaha is where I usually buy my VMax OEM parts.
Quick question.. could I just buy some harder stainless bolts with a hex head and use them on the rear rotor? Or do I have to have the button heads that the factory put on with the little shoulder under the cap?

Quick question.. could I just buy some harder stainless bolts with a hex head and use them on the rear rotor? Or do I have to have the button heads that the factory put on with the little shoulder under the cap?
Either buy the OEM or Sean Morley has some compatible ones. The head of the bolt clearance is the issue. There was a recent thread on the rotor bolts if you use the search function (upper right).

Reactions: BHZ

Latest posts

Back