Rear coils cracked

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1968

Reaction score
I installed a new battery today and noticed both coils are cracked in the bottom side (~3 inches cracks). I checked the resistance in both coils and I am getting normal readings 13.58 secondary resistance, 3.2 primary resistance so I used Permatex hi-temp black silicone to fix the cracks.

What I would like to know is if both rear coils have cracks what is the chance the front coils are also cracked? What is the main reason they get cracks? It seems to be a real hassle to get to the front coils so I want to avoid doing it :biglaugh:

Not planning to do the COP conversion and don't have budget to buy 4 new coils (~$ 70 a pop)

Cheers,

Marcelo

As long as the readings were still within spec.....shouldn't be an issue running them. Enough people on this forum have done the COPS conversion.....that you can probably find some good used ones for sale.

Motor Heat cracks them- More likely to crack the rear ones- I have replaced the rear ones and the front were fine.

The outer coating gets hot and/or dry, then cracks. Not usually an issue. Cosmetic only, I believe. Mine have been cracked for a lot of years with no ill affects.

thanks for the feedback! will let you know if I decide to replace them

Cheers!

Hy,
When rear ones are craked, oftenly front one are also, heat ocure !!
I`ve change mine for NOLOGY coils and wires at the same time

The Max goes better:biglaugh:

Back