rear diff breather diameter?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Anyone near a vmax that could get me the diameter of the rear differential breather cap?

(the thing outlined in red)

Attachments

• MVC-014F-edited.jpg
    MVC-014F-edited.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 31
thanks steve!

i hate SAE measurements. i prefer metric so fine by me!

no, you have to destroy it to get it out i think. plus i think its plastic. i had my rear diff sprayed and they didn't spray that part so i want to put a faux filter over it and wanted to take a look at prices online before i headed to the local auto parts store so i had a relative idea. and the bike is no where near on the way.

something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Breather-Fi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439d43a189

or this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0430655675&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That's a two part insert and you pretty much destroy it getting it out. They make chrome inserts too. Or if you leave it in place it will give you the clamping area. It is a thin wall metal and we have even chrome them while in place.

Sean

i thought it was like a plastic. good to know. there was a thread on removing them on the vmaxforum co uk website, most the people destroy the top getting it out and then spend the next half day getting the part that is inserted it seems. didn't seem like it was worth the trouble.

couldn't find one... u know of any currently listed?

thanks guys. i found a pic of them. i don't think it adds anything actually, i think i'm going to go the filter route.

i just don't like the look of it in general. even if it was crhomed. i picked a filter up. we'll see how this idea i have goes.

can someone get me the height of the breather? both from the top of the diff to the top of the breather and then the actual height of it? its probably only a 1mm difference tho eh?

don't like 'em. i got a crankcase filter and modded it.

Latest posts

Back