Rear Exhaust stopper ring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince95

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rear exhaust stopper ring is supposed to be a tight fit on the pipe and hold the pipe in? It is #6 on bikebandits schematic for a 95 Vmax. Mine slips on and off easily and I just installed a new gasket (#5). I tighten the muffler band really tight and I can pull the exhaust pipe out if I twist it back and forth. I am thinking this is why I'm having my exhaust popping. (At idle and going down the road). Its got to be an exhaust leak at this joint.

Attachments

• vmaxpipe.jpg
    vmaxpipe.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 25
They are usually pretty snug and when worn the pipes will rattle and make noise. I'd suggest replacing it.
Sean

Does anyone know if the rear exhaust stopper ring is supposed to be a tight fit on the pipe and hold the pipe in? It is #6 on bikebandits schematic for a 95 Vmax. Mine slips on and off easily and I just installed a new gasket (#5). I tighten the muffler band really tight and I can pull the exhaust pipe out if I twist it back and forth. I am thinking this is why I'm having my exhaust popping. (At idle and going down the road). Its got to be an exhaust leak at this joint.

I have the two still on the rear downtubes. They spin but due to the stopping ring (#5 I believe) they are going nowhere.
Shoot me an email with your addy, Vince, and I'll send you both downtubes. They are still in great condition being I swapped out the exhaust pretty early on in the modding.

Back