Rear Fender Seems loose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbidcow55

Reaction score
Just as it says, my rear fender shakes like crazy when i'm riding down a typical road with bumps and small pot holes. I thought it was just a few loose bolts, but gut under and tightened the only 2 I could see. It made a small improvement but still shakes and makes a bit of noise when doing so. Anybody else have this problem?

I'm wondering if the two bolts that hold the inner fender to the fender near the taillight are loose/ missing? I'm sure that would cause some rattling.

If you look upwards from underneath the rear fender, there should be two philips screws at the very back, these link the steel inner fender to the plastic outer. One of the screws in mine let itself out a while ago. I remove the other, put loc-tite on it, and put it back. Without those it would rattle and bounce around.

The center bolt under the passenger seat loosened and fell out on mine as well. Know it used to be there, removed the seat one day and noticed it had vanished. It's been like that for a couple years now, the two side ones seem to stay put and I haven't had any issues with it shaking or coming loose.

Thanks for the tips. I just took the seat off and sure enough, the one that was supposed to be underneath was gone. 1 trip to the hardware store later, and no more rattle :) :)

Back