Rear grab rail light fitment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Hi guy's do you think this light will fit the grab rail opening.
Man this would be a good thing for a extra running light / brake light. It has 3 wires. Price is $16.99

Lens Size: L 5 1/8" x W 1" (13 cm x 2.5 cm)
Brings you more safety, Visible By All Traffic
Built in 20 LED bulbs, two operation modes: Constant lighting & Circulating gradual outward lighting
Easy to install - May require modification for some models
Integrated light, 3 wires output, you can used as Running Lights, Brake stop light, Rear Tail light

Attachments

• 41BUgDfzaPL.jpg
    41BUgDfzaPL.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 4184ZYipNkL._SY300_.jpg
    4184ZYipNkL._SY300_.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 51b4ptg2ptL.jpg
    51b4ptg2ptL.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 57
  • P1010815.jpg
    P1010815.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 68
Some of the guys just get a light at wallmart leds of course for under 10.00

Some how I started 2 threads man.

But any way a look on walmart's site,

Did not see 1 with this size... or look like this 1.

They won't look like that. It's just a simple rectangular trailer brake light.

Sean

I think it is a running light but can be used as either. I have used the cheap one with bulbs (not LED's) on two of my Maxes. On my first it was wired as a running light. On my current Max it is wired as a brake light. Simple bolt on and fits perfectly. If I remember correctly, have to drill a small hole in the backing plate for the wire from the light to pass through.

They are available in red, amber and clear lenses. I used the red but the clear with a red bulb might be nice.

Hi Sean thanks for the info, I check with the seller via email he said what's in the add is what will be ship out 3 wire working led lights brake/running. If not like the add he will refund my money back.

They said, we sold this light below to a vmax 2002 bike riding this year, for his sissy bar grab rail light.

Package includes one Smoked lens LED taillight
Size: W 4 1/2" x H 1 3/8" x Depth 1 1/2" (11.4cm x 3.4cm x 3.8cm)
LED color: Red
Lens color: Smoke price is $19.99

Attachments

• 51ePnsGkKsL.jpg
    51ePnsGkKsL.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 4184ZYipNkL._SY300_.jpg
    4184ZYipNkL._SY300_.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I think it is a running light but can be used as either. I have used the cheap one with bulbs (not LED's) on two of my Maxes. On my first it was wired as a running light. On my current Max it is wired as a brake light. Simple bolt on and fits perfectly. If I remember correctly, have to drill a small hole in the backing plate for the wire from the light to pass through.

They are available in red, amber and clear lenses. I used the red but the clear with a red bulb might be nice.

Thanks, I will take a chance on it, I just order 1, when I install the light. I will post pictures thanks.

Attachments

• 41BUgDfzaPL.jpg
    41BUgDfzaPL.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 18
I used a LED light from the truck stop. it is almost like it was built for the vmax.
I did have to install a diode in the harness because there was a back feed issue between the lights. i use it only as a third brake light.
picture.php

picture.php

I used a LED light from the truck stop. it is almost like it was built for the vmax.
I did have to install a diode in the harness because there was a back feed issue between the lights. i use it only as a third brake light.
picture.php

picture.php

Wow it looks factory.

Is that one of the "Model 19" trailer running lights that has been mentioned in other threads? My current tailgrab light has 4 LEDs out so far and I am looking at swapping it as well (currently wired as running and brake).

If it fits nice it will be a nice add on seeing how trailer light mod is only running light or brake not both.. if this fits good and us bright both running and brake I will be buying one!!! What's the link for this

If it fits nice it will be a nice add on seeing how trailer light mod is only running light or brake not both.. if this fits good and us bright both running and brake I will be buying one!!! What's the link for this

here is the link of the 1st light.

http://www.amazon.com/Lighting-Runn...TF8&colid=133LTHY77T34P&coliid=I3QSCR1NOXD4D5

and the 2nd light they guy said he sold to a vmax rider. The guy that bought for his vmax did a review on it. In amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Cus...TF8&colid=133LTHY77T34P&coliid=I3F2V3D57OG2UI

Thats sweet!!!! I was looking for a smoked one to match my tail light! I started doing research to find an integrated with signals so I could have that and cbr light!!! Good info man

Yes but u pay for what you get sometimes.... this might not fit anyways it 8" wide.. I believe thats to wide :(

Attachments

• 41BUgDfzaPL.jpg
    41BUgDfzaPL.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 22
I just installed this one, it was not quite long enough to cover the reflector hole so I made a filler with two pieces of vinyl siding installed backwards and gave the whole this a couple coats of black bumper/ trim paint.

It is a tail and brake light and only a half inch thick, I liked the idea of the low profile, anyway the price is right and a piece of cake to install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140897380843?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Attachments

• IMG_20130310_215311_0[1].jpg
    IMG_20130310_215311_0[1].jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20130310_215355_0[1].jpg
    IMG_20130310_215355_0[1].jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 47
Hmm just noticed the price on my link above says $119.00 :eusa_liar:. I only paid $9.00? not sure, must be a typo.

Guy's the light came in. It was ship from China I thought was being ship in the US.
But it's here, And it's not look the 1 I soon on ebay.

The light is install now. I went for a ride and some HD rider's pull up on me and they like the rear light a lot and ask me where did I get it.

The light-when the running lights is on it go's from the middle out wards. When you use the brake the light go's to a full light. This I did not no really cool.
And cars notice me right away from behind.

Attachments

• P1020134.jpg
    P1020134.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 40
  • P1020140.jpg
    P1020140.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 45
  • P1020157.jpg
    P1020157.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back