Rear indicator lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Have just come back from a ride and i noticed that the rear indicators arent lit up as lights are on , not like the front ones but indicators work front and back is this normal or is it a wiring prob ?:ummm:

This is normal. They are two wire single filament bulb signals. I replaced mine with three-wire double filament bulb stock front signals so I could have running lights also. Just tapped the third wire into the taillight wire. Another way is to add a Priority Lites Plus unit. They cost about $50 and add running light and brake light functions to the original signals.

This is normal. They are two wire single filament bulb signals. I replaced mine with three-wire double filament bulb stock front signals so I could have running lights also. Just tapped the third wire into the taillight wire. Another way is to add a Priority Lites Plus unit. They cost about $50 and add running light and brake light functions to the original signals.

Cool , thanks for that cant say ive noticed it til today:eusa_dance:

Have just come back from a ride and i noticed that the rear indicators arent lit up as lights are on , not like the front ones but indicators work front and back is this normal or is it a wiring prob ?:ummm:

The reason is here in the States, it's illegal to have yellow running lights on the back of a motor vehicle. We have to change them to red to use them as running lights. Indicators on the back can be red or yellow.

I have heard that but have been doing this for probably 30 years on all my bikes and have yet to be stopped or warned. The closest I have gotten to being killed was from behind so I add extra lighting in back via running lights and/or extra brake lights. On both my Maxes, I replaced the rear reflector with a working light. The first was set up as a running light but my current one has it set up as a brake light. My Suzuki has the Priority Lites Plus and the rear signals operate as running and brake lights in addition to being turn signals.

I was backing up and my reverse lights arent working either. I wonder if we have the same problem :confused2:

Back