Rear LED brake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone removed the red reflector behind the passenger seat and replaced it with something like this?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vmax-Yamaha-...hash=item1eb3535c8c:m:mAHgwA-2MQPgf8Y-hL1xDIQ
Anyone found a better "plug-n-play" unit?

I bought the RED one from this same person on Ebay. SUPER SIMPLE to install, I had it installed in MAYBE 30 mins, it truly is plug and play, and I havent had any issues in the 2 years Ive had it.

I like the idea of a 3rd brake light.

Did you ned to install any additional resistors with the unit you bought from eBay?
Do you have the OEM bulb brake light?

I after aftermarket LED bulbs in the stock housing, and no you do not need any resistors. Ive never had any issues.

I even run LED bulbs in the stock rear lollipops with no issues. I do not have resistors.....I like the hyper flashing. I want to get someones attention.

No,considering it though. I sure do admire the clean look of the bike, paint looks really good from what I can see of it.
It would make a 5th brake light for me. Can never have too much light out back.

I even run LED bulbs in the stock rear lollipops with no issues. I do not have resistors.....I like the hyper flashing. I want to get someones attention.

I put 13-diode LED 1157 bulbs in the front stock lollipops. No resistors.
Flash rate does increase, as Hawk says, but if anything, this makes the flashers more noticeable. I also installed a single 20 mm. "button" LED in each mirror housing, wired into the turn signal circuit, which amps up the visibility factor another notch.
Of course another advantage of the LEDs (without resistors) is the amperage savings, especially in the front, where the running light circuit is always energized.
Haven't tried yet, but using LED bulbs front and rear would probably make the flash rate too fast - necessitating the use of resistors.
Cheers!

Flash rate does increase, as Hawk says, but if anything, this makes the flashers more noticeable. I also installed a single 20 mm. "button" LED in each mirror housing, wired into the turn signal circuit, which amps up the visibility factor another notch.
Of course another advantage of the LEDs (without resistors) is the amperage savings, especially in the front, where the running light circuit is always energized.
Haven't tried yet, but using LED bulbs front and rear would probably make the flash rate too fast - necessitating the use of resistors.
Cheers!
fitted LED replacement bulbs in all my running, direction, well everywhere and used one of these to solve flash rate issue
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...versal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/

fitted LED replacement bulbs in all my running, direction, well everywhere and used one of these to solve flash rate issue
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...versal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/

Thanks for the reminder, Mr. Penguin.
I bought a Custom Dynamics LED flasher unit years ago, but have never tried it.
So I'll pop some LED's into the back lollipops as well, and if the flash rate is too high, the Flasher unit will go in.
If I remember correctly the only disadvantage of this particular flasher unit is that the self-cancelling function is lost...which is no big deal.
Cheers!

Cheers!

Which LEDS did you put in the front? On mine (07) the front bulbs have an extra nub on them making find LEDS for them kinda PIA.

Running lights and turn signal lights, that's the double-filament function. I suppose any LED replacement for an 1157 incadescent bulb would fit.

Which LEDS did you put in the front? On mine (07) the front bulbs have an extra nub on them making find LEDS for them kinda PIA.

Running lights and turn signal lights, that's the double-filament function. I suppose any LED replacement for an 1157 incadescent bulb would fit.

I went looking, and couldnt seem to find them. Bright LEDS didnt have them, The local OReillys didnt have them, and the Kawasaki Dealer in town didnt have them.

I used " Trux" brand 1157 bulbs, amber in color. They are available in red, amber and white.
A direct replacement for the stock incandescents.
Cheers!

I went looking, and couldnt seem to find them. Bright LEDS didnt have them, The local OReillys didnt have them, and the Kawasaki Dealer in town didnt have them.
I got these @ my local Walmart
IL-1157W-15_2.jpg

so far no problems....
later, bill

Latest posts

Back