Rear shock / bump stop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-V

Reaction score
558041FD-261D-431A-A3BC-0C3E4128E9BC.jpeg I am disassembling the rear shock, and noticed that bump stop is gone! Is there any replacement? 70A33C14-1357-4261-A55F-9208BA9568C0.jpeg

Probably something I could get but just as cheap to get another shock.

+1 Stock shocks are easy to come by cheap. But, if you're into making rubber bushings & stops or similar, a hockey puck works pretty well and is easy to machine to size. Sometimes you have to make it.

+1 Stock shocks are easy to come by cheap. But, if you're into making rubber bushings & stops or similar, a hockey puck works pretty well and is easy to machine to size. Sometimes you have to make it.
Ok, tHanks. I will make something.

Thanks! I have seen that threads, but still not seen the alternate solution for rubber stop (bump stop). I guess I can buy the some rubber at Home depot and drill a hole. But wonder how this rubber stay on the upper side?

Photos are gone but its described on the last page. Buy a rubber stopper and drill some holes.
If you want it to stay at the top, drill the hole TIGHT. Put a touch of silicone or similar on top of rubber before installing shock cap. Assemble and wait awhile. I'm sure it'll stick there.

Back