rear stock rim weight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steiny

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what the weight of a stock rear rim would be.

thanks steiny.

i LAST YEAR I PUT ON 2 NEW TIRES , I WAS SHOCKED HOW HEAVY THE RIMS ARE , ALMOST AS HEAVY AS THAT " FAT DRUNK CHICK " I HAD TO THROW OUT OF MY "77" REGAL , BACK IN THE "80'S" ! :biglaugh: .:rofl_200: .:rofl_200: .:rofl_200:

throw out, you should have just opened the door and turned hard to the left hahahahha might have saved your back.....guess no slow entry that night eh bahahahhaha

I'll weigh the 17" Kosman bolt together after I put it back together and post it. I believe it will only be a bit lighter than stock,if at all.It weighed 20lbs without the bearing carrier in it.
Steve

Last edited:
Maybe this will help :
Rotors included
Stock front with 110 Metz 880 = 36.5 lbs
85 front with 110 Mich Pilot road 3 = 29.5 lbs

Stock rear with 170 Metz 880 = 46 lbs
Kossman 17" with 180 Mich Pilot Road 3 = 41.5 lbs

Dale #2592

Thanks Dale, you just saved the busiest person around the Cape, time. Like the pilot 3? My wife asked me what I want for Christmas. It looks nice. Ok, off to fix my jeep so I can go get what I need to...... and on and on.
Steve

Maybe this will help :
Rotors included
Stock front with 110 Metz 880 = 36.5 lbs
85 front with 110 Mich Pilot road 3 = 29.5 lbs

Stock rear with 170 Metz 880 = 46 lbs
Kossman 17" with 180 Mich Pilot Road 3 = 41.5 lbs

Dale #2592

The weight of my wheel/ tyre combinations were slightly different from Vboosters.

Rear + half worn Dunlop Qualifier - 34lb

Front + tyre less discs - 28lb

Thanks Dale, you just saved the busiest person around the Cape, time. Like the pilot 3? My wife asked me what I want for Christmas. It looks nice. Ok, off to fix my jeep so I can go get what I need to...... and on and on.
Steve

The mich Road Pilot 3's have been excellent in dry and wet. :punk:
Too early to comment on wear. Pics attached.

Dale #2592

Attachments

• 17 in. Rear 180.jpg
    17 in. Rear 180.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Mich Road Pilot 3s.jpg
    Mich Road Pilot 3s.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back