Rear tire chirps on deceleration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To set the record straight. The T-boost is a "feel good' upgrade that actually does not help overall acceleration or power. You bring in too much airflow at lower RPM's actually slowing the intake tracts ability to breathe. Then it has to recover somewhat and delays the actual power increase until after it would have normally if you had left it alone. There is a fine line for bringing it in sooner and half the normal rate is not it.

To set the record straight. The T-boost is a "feel good' upgrade that actually does not help overall acceleration or power.
In my experience, that applies to most "upgrades" on anything, not just the Vmax.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say "Just bolting on that K&N gave me 50 horsepower" or "that shift kit cut my quarter mile time by ________ seconds" (fill in the blank) I'd be a wealthy man.

The T-boost crowd doesn't consider it ridiculous. Nor the Stage 7 crowd.

Here is a dyno sheet the lvlhead posted on his site of tboost vs Vboost. The 2nd pic is full time boost vs Vboost. Yamaha engineers knew what theyvboost at 3000 vs 6000.jpgvboost fulltime vs  6K.jpg were doing.

Intersting. Hadn't seen those dyno charts. Pretty clear picture. I gotta get my Vboost module fixed. Running full time open ...

Back