Rear tire chirps on deceleration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I would consider most of them "more powerful" bikes lol. Great bikes but not more umph.
I’m glad you said it, Sean. There are a lot of more powerful bikes ... or equivalents, but that list is a group of also-rans. Sorry, but pretty much the case. And I think we’re talking brute torque to the ground here .

I’m glad you said it, Sean. There are a lot of more powerful bikes ... or equivalents, but that list is a group of also-rans. Sorry, but pretty much the case. And I think we’re talking brute torque to the ground here .
Same here.

I was thinking about my beloved '94 ZX11.

Not a day goes by I don't think about that bike. (Also, never chirped a tire on it. Amazing what simple throttle control can do.)

Power Commander is the issue.

Just FYI, The Gen 1's dont have a power commander. Typically the power commander controls fuel on a fuel injected bike, and also timing as well. These bikes are carb'd.

Is it possible that you have an aftermarket ecu, like an ignitech or dynojet? These will control timing only (well the ignitech can control a lot of things, including Vboost, and the kill portion of a quick shifter).

Just FYI, The Gen 1's dont have a power commander. Typically the power commander controls fuel on a fuel injected bike, and also timing as well. These bikes are carb'd.

Is it possible that you have an aftermarket ecu, like an ignitech or dynojet? These will control timing only (well the ignitech can control a lot of things, including Vboost, and the kill portion of a quick shifter).
Yeah it's ignitech, I don't actually like how low the Vboost kicks in with it tho?

You mis-spoke here, Dynojet doesn't manufacture a Gen. 1 VMax ignition box, it's DYNA who does.

I'm not sure I would consider most of them "more powerful" bikes lol. Great bikes but not more umph.
I do, because the rest of my collection is comprised of xj700 airheads, xj750 maxims, xj750 secas, xj650 maxims, xj650 maxims, xj650 secas, xj550 maxims, xj550 secas, and xs400rj secas.
Dfox

Yeah it's ignitech, I don't actually like how low the Vboost kicks in with it tho?

How low does it kick in? Stock is 6K when it starts. On some of the ignitech maps, its set at 5K. If you have a T-boost switch, it could be set at 3K.

Some of the Ignitech units DONT have the additional pigtail, so you can have an ignitech and still be running the stock Vboost set up.

I do, because the rest of my collection is comprised of xj700 airheads, xj750 maxims, xj750 secas, xj650 maxims, xj650 maxims, xj650 secas, xj550 maxims, xj550 secas, and xs400rj secas.
Dfox
You interested in another XJ900 Seca and an XJ750 Seca? I'm keeping my XJ650LK but don't need these others.

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_114606.jpg
    IMG_20190330_114606.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 15
  • e15b782d-e14a-4342-9722-381568ba232a.jpg
    e15b782d-e14a-4342-9722-381568ba232a.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 15
How low does it kick in? Stock is 6K when it starts. On some of the ignitech maps, its set at 5K. If you have a T-boost switch, it could be set at 3K.

Some of the Ignitech units DONT have the additional pigtail, so you can have an ignitech and still be running the stock Vboost set up.
Yeah it kicks in at 3K, pulling real hard by 3.5K. I feel like closer to 5K would be the magic number.

Take off the left scoop and look for the round plug. If the plug goes to the ignitech, then it would depend on what the Vboost tab is set at (In the ignitech map). If it goes to black box that is mounted on the left side as well (I think its 3X3 roughly), then its the stock set up.

The T-boost crowd doesn't consider it ridiculous. Nor the Stage 7 crowd.
Then they obviously don't realize that when you're not moving that much air that having a bigger intake runner really does nothing for you.

But that's why some people put a tunnel ram on a stock 305 with a factory cam in it.

The T-boost crowd doesn't consider it ridiculous. Nor the Stage 7 crowd.
Yeah I'm not sure what v boost setting I'm into being as the bike is so new to me, but it is ridiculously fast for a cruiser style bike. I actually drag raced my brother in his Corvette and beat him pretty good. At that moment I was like holy crap this thing is an absolutely monster!

Latest posts

Back