Rear Tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah, a piece of fresh meat! (sharks circling)

My advice: the #1 best thing you can do to your bike to make it better, is to fit a new rear wheel, sized to accept either a 17" or 18" radial tire. If you run radials, run them both. Do not mix radials and bias-ply tires. Use the 'advanced search' and look for radial tire information. If you are in the habit of running your bike >70 mph, investigate the benefits of radials. At a minimum, you need to buy a replacement rear wheel. The front wheel can accept a narrow radial tire, though its width is not optimal for handling. A 3-1/2" width wheel is needed in the front for using a 17" or an 18" wheel/tire combo, to best advantage.
Fire medic you sound like you know what you are talking about. I would appreciate any suggestions.
. I have 01 V stock rear wheel with I believe is the OE dunlop?. I would like a decent handling, taller tire ( for lower driving rpm) and a little wider, but not necessary( I'm past looks) and maybe a lower rear shock if you think that would help. Maybe do a taller rim down the road. I imagine changing gears or putting a 6 speed is a bit of an expense. Thanks for your time.

Fire medic you sound like you know what you are talking about. I would appreciate any suggestions.
. I have 01 V stock rear wheel with I believe is the OE dunlop?. I would like a decent handling, taller tire ( for lower driving rpm) and a little wider, but not necessary( I'm past looks) and maybe a lower rear shock if you think that would help. Maybe do a taller rim down the road. I imagine changing gears or putting a 6 speed is a bit of an expense. Thanks for your time.
If you're wanting to lower your rpm you change it to a
. I have 01 V stock rear wheel with I believe is the OE dunlop?. I would like a decent handling, taller tire ( for lower driving rpm) and a little wider, but not necessary( I'm past looks) and maybe a lower rear shock if you think that would help. Maybe do a taller rim down the road. I imagine changing gears or putting a 6 speed is a bit

If you're wanting to lower your RPM you can always put a Ven
If you're wanting to lower your RPM you can always use a Yamaha Venture differential an a 170/90-15 tire. I don't think I've ever heard anybody changing the gears in the transmission or even trying too package a 6-speed. It probably cost more than converting it to a chain drive, I think but I'm not positive.

If you're wanting to lower your rpm you change it to a

If you're wanting to lower your RPM you can always put a Ven

If you're wanting to lower your RPM you can always use a Yamaha Venture differential an a 170/90-15 tire. I don't think I've ever heard anybody changing the gears in the transmission or even trying too package a 6-speed. It probably cost more than converting it to a chain drive, I think but I'm not positive.
I don't know why I have three posts but whatever.

I don't think I've ever heard anybody changing the gears in the transmission
Sean Morley can offer you alternatives in gearing for the gearbox. Yes to the Venture final drive. As the OEM VMax is geared to, and produces enough HP to turn ~149 mph, the reason I can think of for lower rpm's is better gas mileage at the same speed as the OEM setup, and a more-relaxed pace. The aero drag of the upright seating position is going to limit your top end being increased much with any gearing change in either the gearbox or the rear end. To take advantage of more top-end, you would need to have significantly more HP, and preferably, better aero.

Latest posts

Back