rear turn signal relocation kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomone

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a new set of saddlebags... however, for most all bags it seems you have to relocate the rear turn signals. Do they make a kit for this? I have searched all over but can't seem to find any. Also, if someone actually have found a set of soft bags without having to relocate the turn signals, the info would be appreciated.
thanks

hey man...

i haven't tried with my renntec sissy, but my old max which was stock grab bar/signal config these worked fine!:

http://www.dowco-inc.com/products/power_sports/rally_pack/

i got the bats, tail bag and mag tank bag for liek $130, check thru a local stealership, if they can't give u that deal, you could try calling brockton cycle (in MA) and see how much they want plus shipping. I went and picked mine up so there was no shipping costs...

I think Jeff (HuberJW) has a solution for your tail and signal issue too with a nice light assembly he has made. Turn signal and brakes all right under the fender.

Sean

I just added a bracket to the license plate and moved the signals. Required splicing in some wire.

Attachments

• 2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 103
m-cman.. do u have any full pics of ur bike. i've only seen bits and pieces and it looks gorgeous...

also jeff, do you have any pics of this that sean speaks of?

Thanks for the kind words. It does get a lot of attention wherever we go. More than any of my friends bikes and we as a group have a great collection of bikes.

Don't have any good pics. All were taken in the garage during the re-do. Have made several changes along the way. Seems I never stop adding or changing something...

I will post in the Gallery when I get around to taking some pics out in the sun.

Try as we might, m-c let's that thing go. Always dirty, in disrepair and sounding as if it's on its last legs. He has been wanting me to ask....anyone have some jumper cables for sale - cheap? :lol_hitting:

I used an aftermarket Harley softail bracket - had to modify it a little to fit, but was easy enough to do

Attachments

• P1010023.jpg
    P1010023.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 75
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 82
I believe Dennis Kirk, Cyclegear and a few others offer relocate
kits. Run about $20 if I remember correctly.

Try as we might, m-c let's that thing go. Always dirty, in disrepair and sounding as if it's on its last legs. He has been wanting me to ask....anyone have some jumper cables for sale - cheap? :lol_hitting:

Thanks a lot. At least I HAVE a V-Max....

Haven't seen you at coffee in a while. Still taking the daughter to her sports events on coffee night?

Thanks to all for the help. I ended up relocating with my home made bracket, used an old outdoor speaker bracket. Installed the stock signals but they seem to vivrate a bit too much. I will be replacing those with the mini turn signals which seem to be less weight and will not stick out so much.

Back