Rear view no more.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
I'm thinking about mounting a 3.6" LCD display off of my bar connected to a small back-up camera mounted under the rear tail to replace my mirrors. I found a site that offers a good sweep view and night vision, the display "blacks" the sun or bright lights, the display can be seen in the daylight and a ton of other goodies. Ive seen sport bikes in magazines with these or the like and wonder how legal it is.
http://tinyurl.com/6j59v6

awesome idea but i could see the inspection dicks here in the commonwealth saying 'its not a mirror' and failing inspection.

A guy here did that with his Busa... All it was, was more bling. Not really all that great.

A guy here did that with his Busa... All it was, was more bling. Not really all that great.

+1 A guy up here did it to his zedX. It looked cool as hell, but that was about it. He had 3 cameras, one directly back and two at 35deg angles and the LCD monitors were setup on his fairing.

He said he spent a fair amount of money on it, but he misses things do to the lower resolution. If thay made HD monitors that small it would work alot better.

Seems like a neat idea for a show bike, but even a HD screen wouldn't be as good as a simple piece of glass. I suspect it would cause inspection issues also, since AFAIK every state requires at least one rear view mirror, not camera.

There's a helmet out there that has a panoramic mirror built in....somehow projects an image of what's behind you onto the visor or something. It was posted here a while ago.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.....WTF....Ride brother ride!!!! LCD...Camera...Display...Put'er in a corner so hard & so fast the whole bike shakes like a dog sh*tting a chain, Grab the front binders & take a couple a thou off the workin end of the bike...Let capt kirk worry about how to backup the winne...

Shorthair88.............

I think you would have issues with the LCD in direct sunlight and with the overall brightness at night. Sunlight readable LCD displays come in two varieties. Black and white or really expensive. From the looks of it, those displays on the web page are neither.

I have a GPS display in my truck and regardless of how low I turn down the brightness, the LCD still illuminates the interior of the truck. Black is not black, it is simply the LCD trying to block out the backlight. What bleeds through may be distracting.

This isn't a new idea. We debated doing one on the reaper bike but actually saw one done in Daytona in 2007.

Sean

Back