rear wheel bearings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NixToy

Reaction score
So, I had a little problem on the highway. Bent both rims, but kept the Max upright. Now I've got the wheels straightened but a little "nothchy" on the rear wheel when assembled. I wanna change-out the rear wheel bearings but not seeing how the drive-side bearing is removed. Anybody done this yet?

So, I had a little problem on the highway. Bent both rims, but kept the Max upright. Now I've got the wheels straightened but a little "nothchy" on the rear wheel when assembled. I wanna change-out the rear wheel bearings but not seeing how the drive-side bearing is removed. Anybody done this yet?
Bent both? Tell us more.

I keep aftermarket bearings in stock. I have used them in several of my personal bikes with no ill affects. If you need some feel free to pm me. I can also gett OEM ones but the price will be a bit higher & from what I have seen the quality is about the same.

Bent both? Tell us more.
+1

I keep aftermarket bearings in stock. I have used them in several of my personal bikes with no ill affects. If you need some feel free to pm me. I can also gett OEM ones but the price will be a bit higher & from what I have seen the quality is about the same.

i used all balls too they seem to work well, i assume u can't find the needle bearing in aftermarket tho eh?

For The rear I use pivot work comes as a kit for $ 45 bucks. I have all balls in my steerig head & front wheel.

holy shit thats not a bad price, and i'm more impressed u found them aftermarket!

Nahh, he photoshoppin this out! LOL

Serioulsy, first time I see them that neddle bearing aftermarket.
Ball one is not a problem, standard size.
LOL No photoshop here. I have a set of them in my bike & this is an extra set sitting in my toolbox in case some one else needs it. We all know Yamaha dont make there own bearings so they have to come from some where. I have been more than happy with my All balls steering bearings & front wheel bearings. The head bearings come with the seals & all just like from Yamaha & I have put them in several diffrent kinds of bike with no problems.

+1 for All Balls bearings, plus their lil icon guy is cool! I have used their steering head bearings on two bikes and have had no problems.

+1 for All Balls bearings, plus their lil icon guy is cool! I have used their steering head bearings on two bikes and have had no problems.
I used to keep quite a few of these in stock now I just order them when some one needs them since I normally get them in pretty quick. Beats the hell out of Yamaha prices to.

i would use some type of slide hammer puller ,cut the sides flat on an appropriate size flat washer and weld on a nut that fits the slide hammer.insert the washer,nut assembly,past the bearing and flip the washer so the puller can thread into it.Couple good slams on the slide hammer should get it moving!!let me know as i have to do same very soon also!!!

i had a slide hammer with claws that worked okay. took a bunch of work tho.

Back