Reason for this starting problem?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mestari

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm new in this forum and this is my first yamaha vmax and I love it!

Anyhow now I have problem with starting. When I try to start my bike it turns that engine maybe one or two times but after that there is only crackling sound when starting. If the engine is warm that 1-2 spins will fire it but cold starts have become real problem.

This issue has build up and get worse last months and now escalated to a point where I cant start it anymore.

Tell me what is the possible reason for this? How to fix it? Things to try?
Now only thing what I have done is new battery but it did not fix anything...

Okey! Thanks for this tip, that makes sense.
If you have some threat on your mind pls share it. I would appreciate it.

Okey! Thanks for this tip, that makes sense.
If you have some threat on your mind pls share it. I would appreciate it.
Yeah, been through the exact same symptom.
The one way starter clutch

check all the earth connections too,
do the lights on the dashboard stay lit up when you press the starter when the engine doesn't turn over

A good thing to add to your info is your location below your screen name and your year bike, and if it's a USA-market bike, or wherever it's from, in the 'signature' area, below your posting. That helps people to know things related to that particular model, and your location, if someone is close to you, or for a source of parts.

A good battery is necessary. The 4-pole starter is better than a 2-pole starter (see the importance of knowing your year bike?). The 'can-of-rocks' sound is an indicator of the starter clutch going bad. Ask Sean Morley for info on his kit to fix this [email protected]

I think lights stay on while I'm starting. Bike is -97 model and location is Northern EU.

Can of rocks is just how it sounds! So I try to find kit to fix starter clutch from EU! And if you know threat for this particular job pls share it. Thanks for your answers!

Actually lights do not stay on while starting? Head light..On video attached you can hear that problem clearly.

Attachments

• VID_20210708_233506.mp4
    41.1 MB

Latest posts

Back