Recommendations for Tune Up/Service in Los Angeles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yokenmeister

Reaction score
Hello Vmax Forum,
I got a 97 Vmax, which has been sitting for the past 5 years in storage. The bike is all stock and it was running when parked, but I would need some help in getting it running again. I assume Battery, Tires, Fluids, Carb, etc.

I'm in El Segundo, close to LAX, and was wondering if there are any recommendations for a shop or someone in the area who might be willing to work on the bike. I called Del Amo Motorcycle, but they declined me.

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks, Yoken

Looks like they're dealers for the Big 4 Japanese brands, I guess they figure it's easier to decline the work than to take-on a bike they might have trouble finding parts for.

I think you could have some luck finding someone through members in southern CA. You might try attending some bike events and looking for someone who takes on projects like this, just be careful that you don't get hosed by someone who promises the moon, demands $$$ up-front, but doesn't deliver.

yeah.... I was hoping that some members from southern CA have experience with local shops. I just got KVN recommended in Gardena, but am not sure if they know the Gen1 Vmax enough and how to tune them. I will stop by next few days and talk to them. Thanks for response though.

Looks like they're dealers for the Big 4 Japanese brands, I guess they figure it's easier to decline the work than to take-on a bike they might have trouble finding parts for.

I think you could have some luck finding someone through members in southern CA. You might try attending some bike events and looking for someone who takes on projects like this, just be careful that you don't get hosed by someone who promises the moon, demands $$$ up-front, but doesn't deliver.
Where did you end up taking your Max in LA? I had a mechanic but his shop went out of business (City Garage, Santa Clarita).

MOBILE MOTORCYCLE MECHANIC FACTORY TRAINED REPAIR​

• Not Running for A few Years?

• Get Your Machine Started and Running Like New!

• Pre-Purchase Inspections

Affordable Prices with the Best Service Guaranteed!​

• We Work on All Makes and Models​

• Modern Metric Sport Bikes​

• Cruisers​

• 70s and 80s era Vintage Classic Japanese​

• Vintage Harley-Davidson, Moto Guzzi, BMW, Indian​

• Scooters - Piaggio, Vespa, Kymco​

• Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, Kymco, Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta, Norton, Piaggio, Suzuki, Triumph, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha​

Has Your Bike Been Sitting for a Few Years?​

Get it Up & Running!!​

424-258-5005​

Attachments

• 00q0q_9kxmK4prs4Oz_0aV0cb_600x450.jpg
    00q0q_9kxmK4prs4Oz_0aV0cb_600x450.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0

I think a growing problem with the MAX these days is finding skilled mechanics on that machine and parts,,a real BIG problem and a real threat to making the investment,,sorry to say.

Back