Recommended slip-ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vannlater

Reaction score
Hi.
As the title say I want to install some slipons to get the best sound possible.
I like the size of the original exhaust, but not the sound.
Is there any particular you would recommand me ? I would like them to be black instead of metal or polished.
I'm not interested in gaining hp in the first place, just a mean sound and the size of the old one.

Re: Recommanded slipons

They are ALL smaller than the OEM ones, which also weigh a ton.

A lot of people like the Supertrapps, they're probably the loudest.

Delkevic make nice ones, not as loud but great sound, and closer to you!
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=11924&page=2

Any of them can be sprayed black, powercoated black, or black-chromed.

Of course, you can also have a go at drilling your OEM ones and/or removing the end caps, it changes the sound.

ST's sound the best IMO.

The delkevic's sound good as well but not quite as throaty IMO.

Chris

Supertrapps are nice, especially with the ability to adjust the baffling to get the level of noise you are looking for.

Also, Supertrapps come in black or stainless. The black is not gloss but more of a satin or flat black.

I have owned 3 vmax's to date (95, 01 & 05). All of which I have used the the Supertrapps and once tried kerker slipons too. I currently have the stainless steel trapps installed running 8 discs wide open endcaps. Its the loudest slipon you can find and as everyone states its FULLY TUNABLE which makes it even better. You will be noticed by everyone. The stainless steel does yellow from heat from the tubes up half the pipe, but I have heard of people powder coating the trapps to rid that problem once and for all. Bottom line, trapps are the best bang for the buck in the slipon market!

If you need to purchase a set, get them from Sean Morley of Morley Muscle. He is a great guy to deal with. He hooked me up with several of my winter project parts and he has a wealth of knowledge to always assist you if something is wrong.

Good luck,

Mike
VMOA #2116
MD Chapter Leader

Last edited:
I just had my chrome Supertrapps ceramic coated black by Morley, and I must say, it looks WAY better not seeing the yellow/gold pipe half way up, and chrome the rest of the way. I also had the end caps done, so it really rounds it all off.

I personally like the sound the Trapps make....I have no idea how they sound vs a full system from say Mark, but mine certainly draw looks, and it appears it is usually a positve look! :)

So I decided to go for some black supertrapps and some main jets.
For those of you who use supertrapps, did you buy or do you suggest any other accessories (like additional discs, open ends caps etc...) ?

For stock bike you'll be just fine with stock amount of discs.
I think stock discs will be even fine with Seans jet kit.

If You want them louder You might be intrested with instaling the open endcaps.

Was in Nordkapp couple years ago, beautyful country:punk:

OK, thanks for the answer.
I have never installed slip-ons before so this will be a new experience for me.
You mention "installing the open endcaps". Could you try to explain to me what it is ?

I hate to say it but I have never been to Nordkapp. But I have always wanted to be there.
Did you ride your bike ?

You need to remove all discs form the rear of the muffler and instal one opened disc/cap, basicly make you muffler to become truly open.
Very loud in that option.
Something like this.

I saw somewhere some very nice billet aluminium end caps but dont remember where :ummm:

I was at Nordkap before I have the v-max, I use to ride kawi zx12r back then.

Attachments

• Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 16
Well I managed to install the slip-ons after some hours work. Removing the old exhaust was a tiny struggle, and installing one of the slip-ons went fine. But the second one was a hell of a challenge. I beleieve I spent 3 hours to make it fit due to the fact that the bike had changed some degrees in an angle due to temperature over the years (that was really bad english).
But after everything was installed and I turned on the key, JEBUS, that is loud.
Anyhow, I have two simple questions ; 1. have I got it right when I say that the more discs you have in the exhaust the louder the sound will be ? I guess up tp max 24 ? And by removing discs it will be more quiet ?
2. I run the open endcaps but included in the package there was also some "closed" ones. How would it be possible to ride the bike with a closed looking endcap ? Wouldn't the bike run real poor ?

you should have 16 dics and 2 closed end caps.
you install 8 dics and one end cap per side.
and it will run fine there are gaps in between the dics.
except for the inbetween the packing and the 1st dics and the last dics and the end cap.

Latest posts

Back