Rectifier issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammondland

Reaction score
I have an '86 that seems to be having problems with the rectifier being that my battery has boiled out twice now. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a good aftermarket replacement that's at least reasonable? The OEM is around $230.00.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have aftermarket ones for $75 that are finned and better then the 85-95 versions.

Sean

Plus, buying from Sean Morley's Muscle, you get a wealth of info on your ride, if you need advice, parts, or service.

I have aftermarket ones for $75 that are finned and better then the 85-95 versions.

Sean

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this + the two slightly longer bolts needed to mount the new style back in the original location WORKED for me.

There is no condenser in the charging system.. The unit Sean is mentioning is a LOT better than the original unit. You can run the black wire directly to battery negative post.. If you get this unit, I'd recommend running the red wire directly to battery positive post. This eliminates the wiring harness from the charging system. This alone will add about another half volt to charging output. Also, I would look closely at the 3 wire connector between the stator and R/R.. If it looks at all burned or even slightly melted, remove it and securely connect the wires with GOOD quality connectors or solder them..

Sean is a friend of this forum, and very knowledgeable about the Vmax. He is always willing to help a fellow Vmaxxer..

With an appropriately sized inline fuse as-close to the battery terminal as you can get it.

There is no condenser in the charging system.. The unit Sean is mentioning is a LOT better than the original unit. You can run the black wire directly to battery negative post.. If you get this unit, I'd recommend running the red wire directly to battery positive post. This eliminates the wiring harness from the charging system. This alone will add about another half volt to charging output. Also, I would look closely at the 3 wire connector between the stator and R/R.. If it looks at all burned or even slightly melted, remove it and securely connect the wires with GOOD quality connectors or solder them..

Sean is a friend of this forum, and very knowledgeable about the Vmax. He is always willing to help a fellow Vmaxxer..

The Venture units are already finned and shouldn't be too bad (and what we used on our venture build). Not sure there is enough clearance for one of the Vmax units down there?

Latest posts

Back