Red Line Water Wetter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
I've had problems with my Max running too hot. On Saturdays ride it was in the red zone and I had to stop and let it cool and yes I was running the fan before it even got there ! . Sat' night I drained a little collant and added the water wetter. Sunday was about 6 degrees hotter out than Sat. I took the bike right down town in heavy stop and go traffic. It NEVER got to red zone, infact I would have been happy even if it hit the red zone and not any higher. But it wasn't close enough to really worry about....it guess it was a little past half way between the screw and the red zone. For the 11$ I paid for this stuff it's worth every #*+%@ penny !

The only thing I can think of is on Friday I had to fill up with premium (available pump) and on Sun before meeting up with friends before the ride I put 9 L of regular in it. Unless, everybody can tell me - your bike will run hot enough to overheat on premium. Red Line Water Wetter gets a 10/10 from me !:thumbs up:

How much did you put in? Just tonight, I added three oz to the coolant. It is fairly cool out so I do not know if it is going to help me or not.

I never really thought about it at the time, I dumped the whole bottle in it. Either it was going to work or not, so I said, what the hell. Yes, I should have probably not, but the way I look at it is - I ride more when it's hot than cold and I need it to stay cool enough so I don't have to tell my fellow riders I gotta pull over and let it cool down. I don't seem to have a problem with it getting warm enough to ride.

The bottle I bought stated 1 oz for every 1 quart of antifreeze. The issue I would worry about is if it would raise the freezing point of the anti-freeze. Nothing was stated on the bottle about that.

That I'm not sure of, nor am I worried about that now.

I really need to get into the hot weather to really see how good this stuff is. For now, I seems to be working well so far. I will be draining before winter or when I get a new rad - which ever comes first !

Water wetter really works better when used with straight water... A lot of racers use it as they are not allowed to have PG or EG in the bike when on the track...

I would drain your system and flush it with distilled water and white vinegar and then flush a second time and then add Engine Ice.

Keep in mind however that Engine Ice only protects to -26?F

I use it in both of my bikes and what I notice is while it gets just as hot it cools off much quicker once the thermostat opens up... :clapping:

Here's the URL: http://www.engineice.cc/

What is the price on that stuff ? I have not seen it here locally. Not sure I would go as far as ordering it - but if I seen it somewhere I'd probably get some and try it.

I was wondering, if antifreeze is so toxic, why don't they just ban the stuff and force people to use the earth friendly coolant instead ? :hmmm: Time for change doesn't happen fast enough I guess.

I was going to use a much higher concentration of water but I got lazy because I didn't know if it was going to work in the first place and wasn't sure what was causing my overheating problem in the first place. I will do it properly next time. Thanks for the input - much appreciated.

What is the price on that stuff ? I have not seen it here locally. Not sure I would go as far as ordering it - but if I seen it somewhere I'd probably get some and try it.

I was wondering, if antifreeze is so toxic, why don't they just ban the stuff and force people to use the earth friendly coolant instead ? :hmmm: Time for change doesn't happen fast enough I guess.

I was going to use a much higher concentration of water but I got lazy because I didn't know if it was going to work in the first place and wasn't sure what was causing my overheating problem in the first place. I will do it properly next time. Thanks for the input - much appreciated.

16-19 U.S. dollars per half gallon. You will need to order 1 gallon. I order mine online.

If your having heat problems go and look for the thermostat replacement and change it. The Napa alternative was only $14 + tax compared to a local dealer cost at $56 + tax. and it works great. I know, I did it. ( Thanks to The Limey )
The number is listed in the thread. I'd replace the thermostat first then decide if you even need the water wetter.

Back