Redline Water Wetter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtotiger1

Reaction score
Ok, so i just attempted to flush my coolant system over the weekend with the vinigar and water dooche, that I read about on the forum, I hope it helps my heating problem - Do you reccommend using watter wetter to help? this bke always runs hotttttt, no matter what -- this bike is a 1988, and has never had the coolant changed, however what came out looked clean and good, after the flushes, the vinigar and water still came out clean , so i assume the low milage and indoor storage must have helped -- any suggestions?

Ok, so i just attempted to flush my coolant system over the weekend with the vinigar and water dooche, that I read about on the forum, I hope it helps my heating problem - Do you reccommend using watter wetter to help? this bke always runs hotttttt, no matter what -- this bike is a 1988, and has never had the coolant changed, however what came out looked clean and good, after the flushes, the vinigar and water still came out clean , so i assume the low milage and indoor storage must have helped -- any suggestions?

Water wetter really only helps when used with straight water. You won't see any real results with anti-freeze. It helps lube the pump and seals when using straight water.

Chris

I'd recommend Engine Ice on a street bike. We use Water Wetter in track bikes because many tracks won't allow anything else (anti freeze is more slippery than oil). But it offers no freeze protection, and the temperature reduction is not huge. Water alone offers the best heat reduction, but no lubrication, thus the need for a lubricant.

I run Engine Ice in all my bikes, and I like it.

Other things to consider might be lower temperature fan switch, or adding a manual switch.

I'd recommend Engine Ice on a street bike. We use Water Wetter in track bikes because many tracks won't allow anything else (anti freeze is more slippery than oil). But it offers no freeze protection, and the temperature reduction is not huge. Water alone offers the best heat reduction, but no lubrication, thus the need for a lubricant.

I run Engine Ice in all my bikes, and I like it.

Other things to consider might be lower temperature fan switch, or adding a manual switch.

My 85 always ran on the warm side also, I installed a lower temp fan switch I got from Vmax outlaw for around $40 Problem solved.:eek:h yeah:

I do have a manual swith , but on a hot day even with the fan on it can almost hit redline

I do have a manual swith , but on a hot day even with the fan on it can almost hit redline

In that event, a good thorough flush, and replacement of the coolant with either de-ionized water/Water Wetter or Engine Ice. Maybe even consider a lower temp thermostat. A few small things can add up. On my FZR1000 with all the mods I made to it I had to use a Muzzy fan, lower temperature switch, and Engine Ice to keep it out of the red. Even with all that, if I don't watch the state of tune of my carbs it can go thermonuclear real quick.

Would taking the radiator to a radiator shop for a pressurized flushing be worth it?? Usually that's what I would do with a car rad. I would think running too hot is cause of the radiator not performing to maximum (semi plugged). And reg water pressure won't dislodge all the obstructions. Sometimes this finds and creates leaks but atleast it's at the shop to be plugged and not finding those out on the road. Mine will run just shy of red-line on normal to hot days. But pretty much always has. What do you guys think?

Would taking the radiator to a radiator shop for a pressurized flushing be worth it?? Usually that's what I would do with a car rad. I would think running too hot is cause of the radiator not performing to maximum (semi plugged). And reg water pressure won't dislodge all the obstructions. Sometimes this finds and creates leaks but atleast it's at the shop to be plugged and not finding those out on the road. Mine will run just shy of red-line on normal to hot days. But pretty much always has. What do you guys think?

Did you change the thermostat too? your problem just might be as simple as your thermostat not fully opening.

What made me think of it was I have been having a heat issue with my dodge. It has a new radiator and I'll put in a new heater core in the summer. I pulled my thermostat out and put it in a pan of water with a thermometer then heated it up on the stove. It turned out my thermostat not only opening late, it wasn't opening all the way.

A quick $10 at the local NAPA, and I was good as gold. drove it around, let it idle, and drove some more. no more issues.

Latest posts

Back