regulator/rectifier problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
ok....this MIGHT be a dumb question.....but here goes.
The reg/ rectifier has 3 WHITE wires on it..... all look the same.
I went back to the "original equip." one (had a big clunky fzr600 one on it when I bought the vmax)
HOWEVER....the plug end from the alternator was cut off and wired direct..... question is.... does it matter which white wire goes to which one on the reg/rect.?
and if so....other than tearing the alt. cover off and tracing them....is there any other way of telling which goes to which?
If they are hooked up wrong.....whats the consequences....if any.

Randy, the order of the white wires doesn't matter. I removed my connectors and soldered them together in no particular order.

maleko89 said:
Randy, the order of the white wires doesn't matter. I removed my connectors and soldered them together in no particular order.

WHEW!....
Thought I'd made a HUGE error.
Was getting a kinda whirling noise up front on the right side when I got into it on the highway..... thought the power was stressing something electrical.
When idling, bike lights would "beat" to the rhythm of the motor....
Must be why alot of people went to the bigger reg/rect.
Might just go back to it if theres any problems.
Thanks again.
Randy

maleko89 said:

Agreed. The output from the generator is 3 phase A.C. at about 60 volts or so.
The rectifier turns this AC into DC so it doesn't care what order it gets the input....

Back