regulator/rectifier + wiring upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2501

Reaction score
hi all, since I'm having a lot of issues with the original regulator/rectifier I've decided to replace it with the famous shindengen 847 ( the original unit, not the chinese cheap one ).
following the suggestion on other posts I'm using 10AWG wires for red/black wires that will go from rectifier to the battery and 12AWG for the 3 cables that will go to the stator.
I would like to get rid of all the original cables for these connection ,so I can solve even the issue with the split connection ( the "crimp fix" ).
in doing this I wonder if it is a good idea to remove and change also the main 30amp fuse with one of these :
battery fuse.jpg
I see that mostly everyone suggest to use a fuse like this and not like the blade fuse that is installed on the bike.
Is it a good idea or is it better to leave the original one in place?
Also , I'm still questioning myself about the best way to joint the big 10awg positive wire to the small original red wire that go to the starter... i don't like the idea to expose part of the wire to solder the starter wire with it.
I was thinking about to joint the 2 cables in the connector that goes in the fuse above. will this lead to some issues?

Latest posts

Back