Rememberance September 11, 2001

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Please remember those who died in NYC, Shanksville PA, and in Washington DC.

343 FDNY members died, trying their best to save people that day, and the toll on the Ground Zero workers who were exposed to the carcinogens trying to search for the remains of their brother firefighters, continues to this day, as they die of various cancers.

Pray for the victims, their families and friends, and for those who worked to search for the victims, who have been affected.

Was in Manhattan on that day. Not only the fire fighters and police who lost their lives, lets not forget the rest who lost their lives. 3 personal friends of mine were taken that day as well.

9/11-Never forget.

We lost 44 people in my county.

A horrible day for thousands of families.

I am a Paramedic and have been since 1995, and started by EMS career in 1992. I remember where I was and what I was doing on 9/11/01. I was just coming on shift. As the news came in everything stopped. Everyone was dumbstruck. There wasnt a single call for the entire shift.

May God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

The impacts of that day were felt by many in plenty of other ways. The loss of life for many and for me it was the loss of a job. I watch on a TV someone had at work that day knowing that I was looking at an impact to my future too. It was not very many months later that I was laid off which lasted for 3 years (from my Boeing job). It's still a very vivid moment for me and I don't need to watch the replays to still remember. I did visit the crash site a few years later which is humbling (they did not have a monument up yet).

The impacts of that day were felt by many in plenty of other ways. The loss of life for many and for me it was the loss of a job. I watch on a TV someone had at work that day knowing that I was looking at an impact to my future too. It was not very many months later that I was laid off which lasted for 3 years (from my Boeing job). It's still a very vivid moment for me and I don't need to watch the replays to still remember. I did visit the crash site a few years later which is humbling (they did not have a monument up yet).
I remember in the following months, the clean up process. One piece of clean up that stood out among all others, since you said you worked for Boeing, was a piece of the landing gear with wheels still attached. Alot of people simply have no idea how big this one piece really is. It also irks me a bit when people say that there were no planes that hit the buildings. I seen truck load after truck load of buildings, cars, trucks and planes being taken out from Manhattan.

Latest posts

Back