Remote Oil Filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoke

Reaction score
Well early this year I broke my oil filter stay on the lower case. First Pic

I talked to Sean and he filled me in on some options. Talk about good customer. I tried a couple and just decided a remote oil filter. A lot of research and parts store later here is what I have so far. Smallest filter and remote setup. Now I just have to get it back together tomm and see if she works okay.

While doing the fix I went ahead and went with Sean's HD Oiling Kit. Cause like many others I had 0psi at Idle and don't like that. I do a lot of drag racing and shifting at 11k+ so I will feel more at ease now.

Attachments

• 1027001609.jpg
    1027001609.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 1028002029a.jpg
    1028002029a.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 1028002032.jpg
    1028002032.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 73
I like it too. It would be easy now to run it through a small oil cooler if you wanted.

That's slick!! I like it too! :thumbs up:

Just a thought but you might want to protect that by-pass hose with a pvc sleeve, those braided lines can be pretty abrasive if there's any vibration.

naughtyG: I tried everything. There just isn't any room on the bike, that wouldn't get oil all over everything when I changed it.

dannymax: I was thinking about that being abrasive I will have to come up with something.

Jeff:
It was my own stupid fault. I should have know. I'm way to low. Here it comes........

I rode it up a ramp into a truck and at the peak lets just say not all the bike keep moving forward. :bang head::ummm::bang head::ummm::clapping::clapping:

Oh well, thanks to Mr. Morley's advice. She should be at the track this Sat. as long as all goes well today when I get her back together.

thanks for all the comments.

Roy

Sorry our earlier attempts didn't work. We will continue to explore the adapter we had made and see if we can't come up with a better alternative. For now the repair you have come up with is about as good as it's going to get.

Sean

No reason for the apology. You still saved me a lot of money and a motor. You also got me to ride it a quite a bit this year, with your kit, which I wouldn't have been able to without your help.

Your idea is awesome and right on the edge to being a bolt on fix. All you have to do is keep the o-ring from coming out at high pressure and it would be fixed.,

Thanks again Sean,

Roy

Heck just the lines and filter being where it is will help cool the oil... If you wanted to go for better looks, you could get a Scott cleanable oil filter mounted on it.

Looks good and it keeps you from spending a LOT more money...

Chris

Well early this year I broke my oil filter stay on the lower case. First Pic

I talked to Sean and he filled me in on some options. Talk about good customer. I tried a couple and just decided a remote oil filter. A lot of research and parts store later here is what I have so far. Smallest filter and remote setup. Now I just have to get it back together tomm and see if she works okay.

While doing the fix I went ahead and went with Sean's HD Oiling Kit. Cause like many others I had 0psi at Idle and don't like that. I do a lot of drag racing and shifting at 11k+ so I will feel more at ease now.

Soooo....
You are not having any problems shifting at 11K???? :ummm:

RagingMain:
No problems yet, I think I have mended most of the vital weak links in the motor. The only thing I wish I new about when I had the cases split was Sean's ideas in drilling the holes in the main bearing journals to help with oiling.

Do you have a oil temp gauge? Or know where to put one?

Thanks Roy

RagingMain:
No problems yet, I think I have mended most of the vital weak links in the motor. The only thing I wish I new about when I had the cases split was Sean's ideas in drilling the holes in the main bearing journals to help with oiling.

Do you have a oil temp gauge? Or know where to put one?

Thanks Roy

Im riding with that holes drilled but Im not drag racing.
I sat my dyna3000 rev limiter at safe limit, 9500 rpms.

Latest posts

Back