Removing that logo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijacker

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to paint my bike, wanna paint the side covers. How is the logo attached? Glue? Tape? Magic?
I want to remove it in such a way that I can reattach it.

IMG_20121117_181013_zpsc86c4a44.jpg

Tape, Use fishing line or waxed dental floss and go underneath the emblem and work it through. It will pop right off.

Getting it back on is the trick as the OEM new emblems comes with a precut adhesive (3M body molding tape). You can clean the old adhesive off and try and cut your own but you won't likely get the exact shape as the original was. It will stay on either way as long as you get some on each end.

After cleaning off the backs of my emblems with acetone, I applied 1" wide double-sided tape to the backs, I think it takes three strips. no need to fit to size, just cover the backs completely.
Then flip over, lay on a piece of wood, and trim around the emblems with an exacto knife. Of course the remaining paper backing has to be left on when doing the trimming.

It's best if you can find black tape, but if using white, the edges can be darkened with a felt pin, so that the tape isn't as visible after mounting on the side covers.
Cheers!

Thanks for all the tips guys.
I have a big roll of 3M automotive trim tape, dark grey. Should do the trick for reattaching it.

Back