Repainted my 1997 VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALSO,

How do you like that tail light?
been seeing it all over lately. Finally, a departure from the CBR light. (which I love, and am using another on my re-assy).

Just saying, its nice to see suttin diff., and the "dual " lights is something I always thought would work.

Kinda wonderin bout the quality.

annnd also just realized this thread was from last year.. 🤦‍♂️ Everything still applies. 👍

Thanks,

T$

While the two taillights assembly is 'stylish,' the view of the actual bulb or illumination is shrouded to view from the side. You have to be almost directly-behind the taillamp to see the filament or LED output. Anything you can do to show that you're 'something-there,' another passenger vehicle, is a +. Same thing for a clear lens, the area being lit from a clear plastic lens is not as-distinct as when the lens is red. The illumination is transmitted through the red plastic, and it's much-easier to identify that it's another vehicle when the lens is red instead-of clear plastic. There is a significant increase in the square inches transmitting light output for a red lens compared to a clear lens. That's how I "see" it.

Great info on the taillight illuminati ummm illumination. I was going to add a little led I have which is very bright but only from the rear. From side not great. I just hate that big ugly stocker. It looks wider than the stock back tire! Sometimes ugly is for a reason.

Nice.. for a sec I "almost" rolled my eyes when I read "fairing" but yeah, that works. and that its for the bigger light?.. never woulda thought it, ..well, if you hadn't mentioned it.

Can ya tell me where ya got the new Yamaha sticker on rear fender? and what size please?

I ordered the (ahem) "original" according to someone on the bay, but clearly wrong size. In fact, I think its a newer sticker, and they cut the " fork emblem" off.

As the ratio isn't right.

Thanks,

T$
I got the decal on eBay. I can't remember the size, but it's real close to the original.

Back