repair drilled out center baffle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighter

Reaction score
I am new to the forum, I recentley traded my 03 SV1000S for an 01 Vmax. Now I am trying to convince myself that I made theright choice. My SV was far from stock, I think I will be a little happier once I get the exhaust note closer to what I am looking for. I have a new OEM set of pipes and a modified set. The drilled pipes have way too many holes drilled on the ends of the mufflers, but also the center baffle is punched out on both. At idle it sounds good, but when you get on it the sound is way too high pitched. Has anyone ever tried to reclose (re-restrict) the center baffles?

Always thought restricting too much it's not good for performance.
That's the main reason why most of the good pipe have a large outlet, at least 2".

The center baffle is quite a ways down the hole so welding it's not going to work. Might be able to get a fitting that you can thread into the hole that might grab??

If you want a sound you'll never get over hearing, do away with the stock pipes and add Marks 4-2-1 or 4-2 system. I've been checking the exhaust sounds out for quite some time. My pipes arrived yesterday. I'm on vacation or they'd be going on today. The sound is as close as a VMax can get to a Small Block Chevy.

Check out this video, it convinced me.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2HtxfNIywU&feature=player_embedded

I did all kinds of mods to my stock pipes and it still doesn't "Flip My Trigger"

BTW, Welcome to the VMF...

Back