Replace fuel reserve switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1200fan

Reaction score
Wotcher,

The fuel reserve switch on my Vmax has broke and I need to get a replacement quick!

It's not the normal Vmax switchgear (think its an early FJ1200 or Virago 1100 on) with the fuel reserve box bolted on the bottom. The wires have broken off from inside the box and I cant open it to reconnect them.

I know I should get the Vmax switchgear but there's none on Ebay at the moment.

So I'm thinking the best way is a toggle switch mounted by the ignition/somewhere on the side panel etc.

My question is would this toggle switch need to be off/on (single pole) or on/on (double pole)?

Cheers lots everyone

Wotcher,

The fuel reserve switch on my Vmax has broke and I need to get a replacement quick!

It's not the normal Vmax switchgear (think its an early FJ1200 or Virago 1100 on) with the fuel reserve box bolted on the bottom. The wires have broken off from inside the box and I cant open it to reconnect them.

I know I should get the Vmax switchgear but there's none on Ebay at the moment.

So I'm thinking the best way is a toggle switch mounted by the ignition/somewhere on the side panel etc.

My question is would this toggle switch need to be off/on (single pole) or on/on (double pole)?

Cheers lots everyone

From looking at the wiring diagram, it would appear that just a simple on-off switch would do the trick. But no doubt someone on the forum will offer you a spare that they have.
By the way, how is the rest of your bike coming along? (I'm thinking of the wiring problems in particular!)
Cheers!

Cheers Miles!

I think I might have found the answer to the wiring problems, but as always with these things its one step forward, half step back...

Gotta DW on the bike this arvo and evening, will update the other thread when I get back.

Cheers again! :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back