Replace one or both fork seals?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John R

Reaction score
'06 with 11,000 miles. I'm taking it to the dealership today to replace a leaking fork seal on the right side. The left side is fine. Should I have them do both anyways since it's there or is it if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Well, it's unanimous then, I'll have both replaced. Thnaks for the responses. I've got the bike loaded in the back of my pickup in the garage waiting for the rain/drizzle to clear up. I don't want to back that thing down a wet ramp.

Well, I loaded the bike in the truck and took it over to the dealership. They are replacing both sides plus I'm getting new tires front and rear. Funny story though, when I called the Yamaha dealership I asked them if they work on Vmaxs. The service manager said everytime a Vmax owner calls they ask the same question. He couldn't figure out why the owners do that. I asked him if he's ever owned a Vmax and he said no. I told him if he ever owns a Vmax, he'll then understand why.

My dealer owner used to own a Vmax so they know them but they still are a bit pricey. But if I get stuck at least I know they can bail me out in a pinch.
Of course I would first consult with the experianced guys here first to be absolutely sure what I was getting into!:thumbs up:

Well, I loaded the bike in the truck and took it over to the dealership. They are replacing both sides plus I'm getting new tires front and rear. Funny story though, when I called the Yamaha dealership I asked them if they work on Vmaxs. The service manager said everytime a Vmax owner calls they ask the same question. He couldn't figure out why the owners do that. I asked him if he's ever owned a Vmax and he said no. I told him if he ever owns a Vmax, he'll then understand why.

That there is some good shit there! LOL! :punk:

Yeah, that's BS. Was helping a neighbor get his '80 250 cc single going and the Yami shop wouldn't even change the tires. Said it was too old.

Latest posts

Back