Replacement Disc rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrtracing

Reaction score
I require replacement rotors front & rear for my 1985 Max. The are at the minimum thickness spec. Can anybody recommend a good quality replacement rotor as there seems to be few different styles & grades of rotors available. I don't use the bike too hard but want good stopping power.

Yep Hayabusa brakes work great. I got parts from one2dmax made a huge difference, my bike is a 85 also add stainless hoses.

I need to replace the rear rotor on my running 85, possibly gave me an extra one, not sure yet if it's front or rear, I'm interested in upgrading, anyone have a link to who has done the rear upgrade?
I think I read that just using high grade pads on the rear helps but it's the fronts that really need to be upgraded first.

I need to replace the rear rotor on my running 85, possibly gave me an extra one, not sure yet if it's front or rear, I'm interested in upgrading, anyone have a link to who has done the rear upgrade?
I think I read that just using high grade pads on the rear helps but it's the fronts that really need to be upgraded first.

Here is an upgrade that I did to the rear of mine. 85-07 all have the same rear brake set-up. So I used an adapter, which moved the caliper out about an inch, and used the larger rotor, like off the front of the 93-up Vmax. It will fit with the stock rim. Its a bit tight, but will fit.

Attachments

• user8061_pic8939_1394308717.jpg
    user8061_pic8939_1394308717.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 85
  • user8061_pic8938_1394308717.jpg
    user8061_pic8938_1394308717.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 90
I don't mind the OEM rear with better pads. The fronts for sure need our upgrade! We do have the adapter for the rear as pictured too if you want to go that route (along with rotors, lines and more).

Looking at this as part of my winter/ spring project. Not too much left on rear rotor for wear. Sean, what up with new site, most pages are blank or don't open. If you put a wave on rear do you have to modify it at all?

The new site is still in transition and I need to get time to finish updating it! Email me and I can get you info on the all the brake upgrades possible.

Sean
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back