Replacement Instrument Panel Lenses

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atVMAX99

Reaction score
Anybody know of a source for these panel lenses without buying a whole Instrument Assembly from eBay? I tried several Yamaha OEM parts sources and the best I can source there is the bulbs. I Googled many different queries and I can't locate anything.

looks like its only sold with the plastic piece around it via OEM.. $50 on bikebandit. i bet mccoy could get u a better price...

looks like ebay is even more than that... try that route...

you could probably cut some outa plexiglass?

Good luck on trying to remove them. They are epoxied in pretty damn good.
Try using toothpaste to buff the scratches out.

Not being a smart ass but whats wrong with buying the whole cover. I see them on Ebay all the time but you best ask specifically if the one they are selling is scratch free or you will be disappointed. I just picked up a black one for 20 bucks shipped. Washed in dish soap and it is like new. There is plastic polish out there too that will buff the scratches out but that sounds like work to me...

Not being a smart ass but whats wrong with buying the whole cover. I see them on Ebay all the time but you best ask specifically if the one they are selling is scratch free or you will be disappointed. I just picked up a black one for 20 bucks shipped. Washed in dish soap and it is like new. There is plastic polish out there too that will buff the scratches out but that sounds like work to me...

It was a matter of economics, I didn't see the sense in spending $50 or so dollars, as a posted quote, for an item that's contained in it that should run a buck. I was just making sure these lenses weren't sold seperately or as an item offered by a third party after market. I found replacement OIL lenses for mid 70's Harley's on eBay and was surprised there's nothing for Vmax given it's long production run. Now your example of $20 isn't bad and looks like hunting for another bargain panel on eBay may be my only option. Hopefully I can score one for what you paid.;)

Latest posts

Back