Replacement radiator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman22

Reaction score
Since my radiator isn't in the greatest shape I thought I would replace it. It seems my only options are used stock and several different companies selling the same Chinese radiator. Am I better off finding a nos Yamaha part as opposed to the aftermarket one? Also how much motor can the stock radiator cool?

Any thoughts?

The stock radiator seems to work for most that are not in the same climate I am. From what I have seen and read the max will run hot though.
4 months of 100 degree+ weather here and me a friend close by ordered the worleys which does have more cooling. They now run about halfway on the temp gauge. It was $84 from Australia w/free shipping when I bought it last year- I'm happy with it. I have the stock one 1985 w/11,000 miles and it is very clean-$25+ shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Ra...ash=item1c52260aca:g:KtQAAOSwv0tVQkEM&vxp=mtr

ive heard/read that some of the aftermarket rads have bad angles on the hose barbs how good was the worleys rad as far as fitment? it's a little hard to tell from the pics.

I installed a Worley's rad at the beginning of this year's riding season.

No figment issues and the rad performed very well. It does keep the temps lower than the stock rad.

Mike

Probably going to be hit and miss on that one.
Mine needed a little modifying but Drags didn't.
Just on the tabs though.

No I ordered a Gpi radiator. The Worley unit is actually a Gpi through an Aussie dist. From China (as stated in their listing) $90.00 us plus $25.00 shipping. Gpi has a dist. In Cali same rad for $110.00 no shipping deliverable in 3 days. Instead of up to 15 from China.
If you look at virtually every internet listing you can find it looks like all the shiny rads use not only the same rad. But also the same pictures and description. Same for the factory looking units. So I went with price and availability.

Except the one from winner racing wich appears to be constructed a bit differently.

I got a chinese one...damn thing was out of square...got a replacement.
All mounting brackets need reworking as does top hose tube.
Trouble is it has sat on shelf for a few months so no come back against seller.

No I ordered a Gpi radiator. The Worley unit is actually a Gpi through an Aussie dist. From China (as stated in their listing) $90.00 us plus $25.00 shipping. Gpi has a dist. In Cali same rad for $110.00 no shipping deliverable in 3 days. Instead of up to 15 from China.
If you look at virtually every internet listing you can find it looks like all the shiny rads use not only the same rad. But also the same pictures and description. Same for the factory looking units. So I went with price and availability.
Yes the gpi is the worley and a year ago I paid $84 free shipping and it was well packed everything lined up pretty well. I did paint it flat black with high heat paint as it did stand out.

I'm hoping it works out. We're supposed to be in Bradenton in January were leaving on the 8th and the bike needs to be turn key when I get there. I'm waiting on ignition,boost controller and coil from morleys. With the holidays coming up I'll only have a week for tuning before ts time to go so I don't really have time for cooling issues.

Back