replacement seat cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamfire

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
just wondering where to go to get a stock replacement seat cover for my 97? The stock vinyl is worn and altho there are no holes yet, I want to get one before it wears thought to my seat foam.

ps on hot days the seat gets realy sicky:damn angry: which I understand, is the vinyl breaking down:bang head:

OR, I have a nice selection of good used OEM covers. If you wanted to pay shipping we could even exchange cores and save you the effort of installing them. That won't help with your comfort much since most people get one of our reshaped seats.

OR, I have a nice selection of good used OEM covers. If you wanted to pay shipping we could even exchange cores and save you the effort of installing them. That won't help with your comfort much since most people get one of our reshaped seats.
I figured you might, that's why I told him to contact you.

OR , I should be able to beat anyone's price on a factory cover and can do the cover swap and slightly modify the foam for added comfort. Or there's always the ultimate in comfort..........the Maxgasser

Twistedmax sorta beat me to the punch, for the cost of three covers, you could have seat that has been modded and recovered, no effort on your part and stapling on a fresh cover ain't foolproof. Selling your old seat and your well on your way towards an all new Maxgasser or a redone seat.
If you ride distances or regularly, I'd seriously look into a better seat.

Hey guys! I went on the cheap for now (can't afford a new seat). Any tips you could provide for installing the new covers would be great. Also, I have figured out how to remove the center seat, with the hex bolt that attach them? They don't seem to want to come out and I don't want to wreck them. I have the stock 85 3 piece setup.

To reinstall the cover you'll benifit form a heat box and a pneumatic stapler

I redid a stock seat cover on my '85 back around 1988.. it's pain in the ass but doable. Have 6 beers on ice for when you finish. You're gonna need them.

Latest posts

Back