Replacing Carb Diaphragms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First impression. These things look great! I'm gonna get a couple pics up shortly, but first impressions are 5 star positive.

Hope they work out as I need several sets. This might be a mistake price. I can see a 1 or 2 easily missing from front of $28.00

i ordered some of those, looked good, fit; however, the screw that retains the needle would not go into the threads. I am going to keep them and use the diaphragms when I need them. It is still moving down the road at the same speed, but just not accelerating as fast.

Hope they work out as I need several sets. This might be a mistake price. I can see a 1 or 2 easily missing from front of $28.00

Nope, got all 4, along with the little spring and needle retainer for inside the slides.

A couple years ago when my friend bought a trashed Vmax and I rebuilt the carbs, his diaphragms had tears in them. When we looked online I'm pretty sure it was those same sets that were selling for 200 dollars or so. They were so high priced he couldn't afford it so I tried to repair the tears myself.

It worked and is still holding up, so there's that. Used some nitrile gloves and gel super glue.

I can only guess that as the years go by they're getting less and less call for those diaphragms anymore so the price has crashed.

what is displayed when you enter "Vmax diaphragms" to search for on ebay?

what is displayed when you enter "Vmax diaphragms" to search for on ebay?
No shit Sherlock...I asked about the ones from a specific seller that have been used and tested already. A quick search using "Vmax diaphragms" gives me at least 10 sellers in the US alone.

( Jets R Us ) best price I found for what you get. Great quality work great just like OEM.

A member reported using roofing cement! I suppose it's a Dream (V4) we all have, fix something for next-to nothing: baling wire, duct tape, and whatever-else you can resource from the 'junk drawer.'

OK I'll bite. How is the baking soda used?

Back