Replacing front turn signals with two wire assembly? How?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TampaMax

Reaction score
Just got new turn signals for Father's Day. Rears went on fine but the front ones are three wire assemblies? Tried both ways and all I get is a solid light with a relay clicking noise when I activate turn switch? Light stays on solid with no blinking. Help please

Just got new turn signals for Father's Day. Rears went on fine but the front ones are three wire assemblies? Tried both ways and all I get is a solid light with a relay clicking noise when I activate turn switch? Light stays on solid with no blinking. Help please

The blue wires won't be used. They are the power wires for the running lights elements in a dual-filament bulb. They are "live" whenever the ignition is on, so tape up the ends well.
The green wire is for the R.H. turn signal power, the brown wire for the L.H.
The black wires are for grounds. The instructions that came with your lights should tell you what colors are for power and ground.
Cheers - and welcome to the forum!
......and too bad about the Lightning. Better luck next year!

The blue wires are for the running lights and will not be used.

RH feed is the dark Green, LH is chocolate. Black is return (earth).

If your indicators are LED's then you will need to fit a ballast resistor across the load (LED). Also note that LED's are directional so will only work one wired way.

Thanks Miles. Gonna try it now to see if it works. I'll let ya know and yeah the Bolts had a hell of a run :)

No LED's just regular lights. Tried it and all I get is a steady light with a buzzing noise coming from the turn signal switch?

Possibly the bulbs are too small to have enough dray to trip the relay. It thinks the bulbs are LED, and you still will need the resistors. I know this because I have a set of these mini signals with small bulbs, and had to install resistors to get them to work.

Back