Replacing Rubber manifold joints on carbs and V-boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
Over time the rubber tubes that hold the carbs and V-boost together and form part of the inlet manifolds age, crack and leak air.

Yamaha originals are expensive but there does not seem to be anything remarkable about this tubing. No special fittings or fixtures

With the variety of after-market tubing available for turbo and supercharger adaptations it would seem something just as good or better must be available?

Has anybody used non-Yamaha product to replace these joining pieces?

Here in the states we can get stock ones cheaply from University Motors.15% over cost.A little more than 1/2 what the other dealers charge.The airbox boots would be hard to duplicate but not the carb and vboost boots.

Here in the states we can get stock ones cheaply from University Motors.15% over cost.A little more than 1/2 what the other dealers charge.The airbox boots would be hard to duplicate but not the carb and vboost boots.

Hey Sean. Do you have a link for university motors?

I'll do a price comparison between their prices and what the Yamaha dealers charge here in Australia for those that are interested.

I do not have a link for them.They are basicaly just a dealership in N.Dakota that gives us a discount for the extra business.This goes for my Honda parts also.
If you take full retail X %60 that real close to what they will charge.Same goes for the discount on anything from Parts/Unlimited too.

Latest posts

Back