Reschedule of Oct 20th For Customized Creationz 1st annual ( 2nd attempt ) Track Day!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott what kind of air shift are you using ?

I bought a Pingle kit from Sean a few years back, don't remember the part# but its the one with the adjustable ignition kill and air bottle.. I have since discarded the bottle and use my swingarm as my air tank, for the compressor I use a $15 Wallyworld 12v compressor that I stripped out of its case and just have the little compressor itself under the pass seat... I mounted the air solinoid under the left side cover... Sean can provide you with pics for making a bracket to mount to the engine for the shift plunger but I went a different way because the bracket was too big for my liking so I welded a couple small tabs to my frame and mounted it that way.. I have some good pics of the install if you want I can email them to you bud...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Re: Reschedule of Oct 20th For Customized Creationz 1st annual ( 2nd attempt ) Track

It's off subject for the race but I figure it'll be easier to just post them here... The pic with the airbox you can see where I mounted the ignition kill at...

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 12
Re: Reschedule of Oct 20th For Customized Creationz 1st annual ( 2nd attempt ) Track

Not off subject at all Scottoe's. This is great of you to help out. Thanks...............Mike

Thanks Scott. I think I am going to do mine without a compressor. Less weight and less space consumption!

Todd

Not off subject at all Scottoe's. This is great of you to help out. Thanks...............Mike
No problem, if your going to be beating the hell out of your bike I very strongly recommend this mod because its not terribly expensive and if you have a little fabrication skills you can do it all yourself.. I did have to take my factory shift lever to a local shop to get welded though because I couldn't weld aluminum at that time...

Thanks Scott. I think I am going to do mine without a compressor. Less weight and less space consumption!

Todd

Bad idea unless your going CO2 because especially with the little bottle that comes with the kit you'll only get about 1 pass without recharging... Look at the compressor I used, it can't weigh a half pound if that and the convenience it adds is priceless not to mention they are cheap :)

I forgot to add that I'm using my factory horn button for shifting, you can use a dpdt switch and keep your horn function but my horn didn't work anyway so I didn't bother and just wired it direct...

We should have pics around for the version we did.

We should have pics around for the version we did.

Can't stress enough how much Sean helped me with this and many other projects on my bike, plus he hooked me up on a good deal for the air shifter kit too so if your considering it give him a call

Saturday looks good so far. Possible rain early morning. But good for the day.

Todd,
could you provide additional details of Saturdays event.... time / meeting place / etc. Looks like it should be a great mid-Michigan fall day... sunny / mid 50's temp / 10% chance for any rain.

Thinking of riding down to cheer everyone on... especially Ken on his Gen2 ! Want to see him break into the 9's :clapping:
Its looking like rain:bang head: . If anyone wants to see my 9 sec pass's check out my facebook ken brininstool the videos are public

50% chance of rain, this is bullshit!! I'll just wait and see what the radar looks like in the morning, there's only a 40% chance for US131 dragway so if it looks like Lapeer might get rained out I'll go there cause it's a ton closer for me but still going to try for Lapeer pending weather/radar in the morning...

Martin might make a good back upon!

Up. Fucking smart phones

If you decide to do Martin I'll join in.......................Tom.

I'm racing somewhere damn it!!! LOL

I'm racing somewhere damn it!!! LOL

I'm racing this weekend also just don't know where the rain is gonna be

Back