Reserve Fuel switching

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Chickenlegs

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to find the electric switching tap/solenoid that changes the fuel supplies? My bike only runs on reserve and chokes up on the main tank. I suspect its a slide solenoid and maybe has some crap in it to stop it sliding right across. Just probably needs a clean but cannot find it.

Chickenlegs

Reaction score
Its not the sensor. Its the reserve tap mechanism that is electrically operated that I need to find. Thanks anyway. Anyone else got a clue on this?

redneksoldier

Reaction score
There is no mechanism. Actually, there is no physical reserve either. The sensor senses low fuel, the light comes on and the pump stops. Flip the switch to reserve, it bypasses the sensor, and the pump comes back on. Follow the troubleshooting posted above and you will find the problem.

02GF74

Reaction score
Its not the sensor. Its the reserve tap mechanism that is electrically operated that I need to find. Thanks anyway. Anyone else got a clue on this?
Who told you or where did you read this?

On gen 1, the reserve tank operation is described in the manual I posted above - there is no reserve tap, manually or electrically operated - it's basically a reminder; when low on fuel, the light comes on and then soon engine cuts out so that the rider has to operate the reserve switch, to positively enforce them to think about getting fuel.

Please take a look at the wiring diagram for your model and point out the item you are looking for.

Latest posts