Reserve range

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasVMax

Reaction score
I'm getting about 100 miles on a full tank before I get the fuel light. I was wondering what the range is once I flip the reserve switch.

Seems lots bikes go different range. I've gone 8 miles and other times 1 ......basically I go the hundred and fill up to be safe.......or if let on,hurry up to station lol.

Should be able to go for a bit but not always the case

Carry a little Jerry can with you and test it out.......bet way to know

About 20-25 Miles (.8 Gallons).
I usually fill up as soon as I can after the fuel light comes on.

About 20-25 Miles (.8 Gallons).
I usually fill up as soon as I can after the fuel light comes on.

Yeah and a couple of fun twists of the throttle can make that shorter. I used to fill up as soon as I could when the light came on also.

If your getting 100 to the light, that's about 33mpg....so I would think 20 miles more on the reserve setting would be safe. (as stated above!)

I would agree with 20 miles with switch operating normally and the mileage you have listed.

Isn't much I can add to all the above posts except to say that for me, after that durn red light comes on, there ain't no fun twisting of the throttle going on. If I am not near a gas station, my mind forces me to go into conservative mode. :grin:

Nor is when you tell your spouse to bring you a gas can, and it arrives empty.. Due to the fact you didn't tell them to put fuel in it....

I know thats not funny...but it made me laugh. Ive been married 3 times...I find the humour in it.

I dropped a set of E3's in the bike after synching the carbs and now I'm up to 110 miles to reserve. That's a pretty good increase for not allot of cash.

Nor is when you tell your spouse to bring you a gas can, and it arrives empty.. Due to the fact you didn't tell them to put fuel in it....

Yes I find I have to be very specific when I ask for things or I get the same results. :ummm:

Reserve range?, what reserve range?. My light goes off or bike stumbles and hoping its all downhill with a stiff wind at my back til the gas station at the bottom of the hill.

My best range before switching to reserve was 115 then 118 when I got to fill up. The funny thing is my bike took about 3.94 gallons of gas, so I must have been close to running on fumes....its definitely not as long-legged as my '94 RF900 with a 5.5 gallon tank. It would go about 230 to 240 miles with the low fuel light kicking on at or about 225 miles on the odometer...

Mine has been like most. When I hit reserve takes 3.2 gallons to top off. Leaving .8 of reserve.

I did the "carry a gas can" thing with me once and actually went 160 miles before going completely dry. But that was with stock motor and stock jetting except for having installed 147.5 mains, and it was also a run where I topped it off and got on the highway and ran a steady, unwavering 160 miles at 65-70 with no stops or accelerations till dry.

Typical everyday running around reserve came at 105-115 miles.

I'll test it and carry some gas with me so I'm not stranded when it runs out.
Now I am thinking that I may have put it on reserve at the end of my last ride, which would mean that I got almost 15 miles before it ran out.

Back