Results after 7 passes...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowprophet1

Reaction score
I had fun, but a little dissapointed. It was a nice cold day, but quite a bit of wind in the face (working against me). My old 89 w/supertrapp slip ons best after a half dozen passes on a warm day was 11.67 at 116 mph. Today on my 2000 100% stock was 11.75 at 113 mph. I couldn't find a sticky enough spot launching at 4,000 rpm.
My brother's 06 R6 last year (w/pipe) pulled 11.4 but this year his 100% stock 07 R6 could only pull 11.95 at 116mph. Last year my V65 sabre w/supertrapps and a small windshield did 11.95 at 112 mph.
I remember the old 89 vmax and the v65 both sticking hard off the line, but today (maybe from the cold) I had a hard time sticking. Maybe on a warmer day, I can get some better holeshots, but I expected a little more on the top speed today.
v65vmaxr6.jpg
No time frame, but next step will be taking it to the dyno just for a couple pulls- no tuning. Then I'll port the heads and take it back to the dyno and tune it if the afr looks off. I may flow bench the heads before and after also. Then we'll go back to the strip if the numbers went up w/stock pipes. After that maybe a full set of pipes if I can find a deal on some used ones. The only reason for the porting first is because I do it myself, otherwise the pipes would be first. It won't be soon, but I'll post good or bad.

I remember the old 89 vmax and the v65 both sticking hard off the line, but today (maybe from the cold) I had a hard time sticking. Maybe on a warmer day, I can get some better holeshots, but I expected a little more on the top speed today.

Hey Snow trying taking your back tire air PSI down to 17-19 PSI when you are at the track this may help increasing the tire footprint to the track
Be sure not to get into the water box to deep and spin water up under the fender I see a lot of guys do this at the track and when they are sitting waiting for the tree to start water drips from the inner rear fender down onto the tire
To be honest the best traction is when the track temps are cooler this is if your track preps it properly using VHT
I can get my best 60ft times on the track in Feb March and April here in TN when the track temps avg around 70 degrees once they get up to 95+ its greasy for a street tire
When track tempatures increase it causes oils to risde to the top
Ever see when your driving down the road on a super hot day it looks like a vapor over the road

NOTE: I am referring to track conditions not road conditions yes you can spin your tire easier when the temp is cooler but this is due to the tire rubber being harder and not contouring to road as well as when the tire is warm

Yes, I'll definately drop the rear pressure down next time like you say. It may have only been in the upper 50s or lower 60s I think. Forget about the prepping of the track. He's so cheap, I'm surprised he puts water in the burnout pit!:jerk it: I drove around the water and just gave a little burn out on the way up to the tree.
I don't think I'll go back there w/the vmax until I make some changes, but I might take my banshee up there for the heck of it. I cut my tranny so after I launch wide open, I can hold it wide open and just click into the next gear w/out the clutch. It shifts like butter, and I don't have to use the clutch until 5th and 6th gears. Last time I took it up there, I beat mustangs, camaros, a firehawk and a harley:eusa_dance:! I experimented at the dyno w/a couple different carbs and doubled the width of my powerband and got a few extra hp to boot. I haven't ridden it yet w/the new setup, so I might take it out and play a little before I start hitting the dirt drags (if I can find any!) Heres a dyno chart of it before and after. I had to downsize it to fit it in the post so it's hard to read when blown up, but the numbers are 75hp and 45ft# tq. I don't know if I can get into the 11's yet, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 12s.

Attachments

• banshee.bmp
    257.4 KB · Views: 12
There are a few guys here running them Banshees. From stock to fully modified ones. Slicks on the rear with wheelie bars. I have heard of tracks allowing cars to run with bikes, 4 wheelers against cars etc. anything goes on time trial nights. Unfortunetly they keep us all seperated here. I am not sure why but I would like to race againt some cars.
I guess its a liabilty factor incase the car gets out of control etc.
Thats some pretty impressive numbers coming from that 2 stroker. They are 350CC arent they (atleast factory anyways)

Got a friend that builds racing banshees. For the extreme guys they adapt Rotax snomobile engines and graft the banshee trans. Then they can turbo it to. Somewhere in the 300 hp range.

Sean

Yep. If someone says they have a fast banshee, there are many different levels of fast. I heard of the Rotax setup, and there are Cheatah "cub" cylinders, etc. I am just using stock cylinders and porting them. Mine is just under 400cc's. Some races, they go by ccs, some by keeping aftermarket cylinders seperate, and some places run 350cc stock cylinders in the open class, so I might have to race against a snowmobile or crotch rocket powered atv. I surprised a couple, and other times got totally slaughtered! Against the big ones, I can run pretty close w/on short runs, but anything longer they just leave us small guys.:th_signs60:Makes us look silly. Lots of fun though. It just sucks that gas prices went up so much this year. If I want to drive for 3hrs to go to some races, I better bring a lot of friends to go splits on gas with.

There are a few guys here running them Banshees. From stock to fully modified ones. Slicks on the rear with wheelie bars. I have heard of tracks allowing cars to run with bikes, 4 wheelers against cars etc. anything goes on time trial nights. Unfortunetly they keep us all seperated here. I am not sure why but I would like to race againt some cars.
I guess its a liabilty factor incase the car gets out of control etc.
Thats some pretty impressive numbers coming from that 2 stroker. They are 350CC arent they (atleast factory anyways)

Up here they have Gambler races.It is anything goes.I personally will not race against cars.Too big to be getting hit by one.I am finally going to the strip tonight for the first time this year.Quaker City raceway.I want to see what I can run since putting my stage 7 carbs back on.It is going to be nice but hot and humid as hell.We will see?

Back