Lifted from Ingo's old site currently hosted by UFO.
You can get a spare stock shift rod to revert back to stock if you choose to. I know a couple guys who have done this mod and none have reverted back. Thinking of doing it myself, just haven't gotter a round tuit!
Reverse Shift Pattern - (The "MASON MOD")
by Don Mason, Jan. '00
1 up 4 down.
This mod will allow for faster and more precise up shifts.
COST: under $10.00
TIME: under 2 hrs.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 3 out of 10
1. Remove the left foot peg bracket.
2. Take note of position of shift pedal.
3. Loosen lock nuts on shift rod (linkage), top one is left hand thread.
4. Remove the shift rod (linkage).
5. Cut about 3/8" off of each end of the shift rod (linkage). A Dremel tool works well.
6. Remove pinch bolt on (splined) shift lever assembly.
7. Pull splined shift lever off of shaft and rotate it CCW to about half way between the 9:00 and 10:00 position + or - to your liking. Re-install splined lever and pinch bolt.
8. Re-install shift rod (linkage) between shift pedal and shift lever. Adjust shift pedal close to original position.
9. Install foot peg with forward bolt only so peg bracket can swing up and down.
10. Lift peg bracket up close to shift lever and mark bracket for clearance.
11. Remove bracket and cut just enough metal to clear all shift apparatus. (Dremel tool works well)
12. Touch up cut area with paint.
13. Re-install peg and bracket when dry.
14. Adjust shift pedal to your liking and tighten lock nuts.
If you have questions feel free to e-mail me at or give me a call at (419) 862- KICK