Richard Sanchez

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I went to a funeral for the husband of her former co-worker. Richard had a tough life, being raised during the Depression and frankly, his home life was shuffling between divorced parents, other relatives and Childrens' Services.

In spite of that Richard was able to put his life in-order. He was a G.C. in Florida, and he worked for a branch of the largest energy company in the USA. He married his wife Gail as they were entering second marriages, and the blended family succeeded. He met her at the power company, which was her employer also.

I'm including a few pics from a video they showed, pics I think would be of-interest to car guys and bike guys, of-which he was both.

Richard also worked on construction projects in and outside the USA under the church they belonged to. He lived to age 88, and he was someone who made a difference, in many ways.

This looks like a Packard to me.
Richard Sanchez.01.png

Early 1950's Chevy.
Richard Sanchez.02.png

Dig this crazy chassis! And those zoomie-pipes.
Richard Sanchez.04.png

Those of you who aren't familiar with whitewalls on slicks, it was 'a thing,' back in the 1950's/early '60's. Looks like a push-car for the traditional 'rail-job' was a Muppets Studebaker. Richard also owned and ran a Florida speed shop, an Honest Charley's. That's a name that would be familiar to you if you're receiving Social Security. They were the first mail-order speed-shop.
1654385165709.png
Richard Sanchez.03.png

A Cobra kit car he made.
Richard sanchez.06.png

Richard Sanchez.10.png

Looks like a Fox-body 5.0 EFI engine getting ready for installation in the Cobra.
Richard Sanchez.11.png

Richard Sanchez.05.png

Richard Sanchez.07.png

Last edited:
The guy looked good, he was not overweight, he was physically active, working on cars. Most likely didn't smoke and didn't drink too much, 88 is pretty good. RIP.
My parents are 85, I just emailed them list of food to eat to live long.

Back