Ricor Intiminators Poll

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you installed Ricor Intiminators and was it worth doing?

• Yes I have installed intiminators on my V-Max. Yes it was worth doing.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes I have installed intiminators on my V-Max. No it wasn't worth doing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I have not installed intiminators on my V-Max, but I plan to do so.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No I have not installed intiminators on my V-Max and I don't plan to do so.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Shuriken

Reaction score
I'm very interested in the intiminators for my '85. Would like some simple feedback. Please add to your poll vote the year of your V-Max and what it did or did not improve.

Voted that it was worth adding the Ricor's - I hve a 2006 Vmax with;

Progressive springs (with over 60,000 miles on them)
Ricor Intiminators
5wt Amsoil Synthetic oil
Jedi's fork brace/clamp
3/4" drop in triple trees
Aftermarket fork brace
Radial tires

Mike

I voted no but planning on it. I purchased them shortly after they came out. I have read good things about them elsewhere. Lots of info over on xlforum.net about the ricors. I haven't instlalled them yet because I'm not sure what i want to do as far as lowering the bike yet. I going to drop it 1/2" in the back with some 12.5" 440's I have had since January. So, I need to determine what I'm going to do up front. 1/2" 1" 1.5" 2" I'm not sure. Internal, trees only, Combination of both, I don't know. Stock springs, progressive springs, racetech springs, I don't know.

I'm guessing I will throw on the 440's one of these days and then ride around with the forks up in the trees just to get a feel and then go from there. If i really like the feeling, I'll probably do internal lowering only. If I'm not sure how I feel I'll do just the tress. if I hate it, I will probably look to trade the 440's for something stock height and throw in the intiminators without lowering. I'm going ot do it one of these days.

Yes I installed them on my '86 and I think they helped nicely.

I used to run 15W oil with Progressive springs and billet fork brace, no lowering or anything like that. Going from 10W to 15W oil had very little effect for me, and the front was always so twitchy over ever small bump, lane changes etc.

Now I run the Intimators with 5W oil, same everything else, and it feels MUCH better. I do have an extra 15mm of preload on the springs because of the intimators' height and the fact that I didn't shave 15mm off the spacers above the springs, but it definitely feels better going over bumps etc, more like a normal bike than a Max for sure. It seems to be happier / more solid around turns as well, doesn't get upset as quickly as before. Also bear in mind that I renewed my head bearings late last year.

I haven't ridden it extensively enough yet to really make a fair comparison, but for the little I did, I definitely noticed an improvement and think it was $150 very well spent.

Latest posts

Back